• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level Retake

Reaction score
So guys i gave Cambridge O Level exams in May/June 2014 and got straight Bs. I was okay with my grades before but after seeing that i got such poor marks in equivalence i have decided to retake exam of 2 of the subjects in October/November 2015. can't retake in May/June 2015 due to some reasons. I have heard that if i appear in retake in October/November 2015, 10% marks will be deducted from my obtained marks, according to cie rule. but if i appear in retake exam within a year (in May/June 2015) then there will be no deduction. Is it true guys?

Reaction score
You HAVE to give it in May/June 2015. IBCC (the guys who deal with equivalence) rules state that improvements on grades (retakes) are only allowed within one year of the first attempt (You can google this or check the IBCC website). You could probably talk to the IBCC guys and see if they could make an exception for you, but I'd doubt it.

Reaction score
You HAVE to give it in May/June 2015. IBCC (the guys who deal with equivalence) rules state that improvements on grades (retakes) are only allowed within one year of the first attempt (You can google this or check the IBCC website). You could probably talk to the IBCC guys and see if they could make an exception for you, but I'd doubt it.
oh God! r u sure? Can u provide me the link of site where such thing is mentioned?

Reaction score
Sure, the website is ibcc.edu.pk. The registration form is this: http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/downloads/form.pdf

In V. Documents to be Attached, point number 14 is: "Improvement of any subject will be considered if improved within a year."

As I said, check if you can contact these guys and if they can give you an exception. Your reason needs to be very, very valid though for you to stand any chance.

Reaction score
Your O Level grades count for your entire Matric conversion while for the FSc marks, 8 O Level subjects will be taken and 3 A Level subjects to give a combined score of 1100. So do NOT miss any chance to improve your O Level grades.

On the other hand, the most important thing is the admission test, don't jeopardize them with your O Level improvements. And finally, don't neglect A Levels completeley because it still has around a 30% say in your FSc conversion.

It's not as tough a cycle to balance as I made it sound but you need to get the balance right.

Reaction score

Attachments

• ConvFormulae.doc
    336.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Equivalence.doc
    79 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Sure, the website is ibcc.edu.pk. The registration form is this: http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/downloads/form.pdf

In V. Documents to be Attached, point number 14 is: "Improvement of any subject will be considered if improved within a year."

As I said, check if you can contact these guys and if they can give you an exception. Your reason needs to be very, very valid though for you to stand any chance.
do u think they will give an exception?? how can they go against their rules? my bad luck :( :(

Reaction score
you'll be appearing for all olvls subs in one session (2015)? it would be much difficult , i guess !

It's not too difficult. There are ALOT of people who have given 10+ subjects in one session and got As and A*s in them (some straight A*s).