• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Levels English Help Required

Reaction score
Guys please tell me the pattern we need to follow while writing a report, essay, story and letter formal/informal. Some tips to succeed in english paper.

Reaction score
for report on the left side of the paper u hav to write to whom u are writing eg: To the principal and then write below that u hav to write the name of the school and then in the next line in the center of the page u hav to write about wat u are writing. eg: regarding the accident and den u hav to underline it and then in the next line write ur report and den in da end write thankyou and ur name sumtyms deyll ask u to write the date
Format for reports and accounts are the same
For formal letters everything should be on the left side but the heading and the content should be started from the middle and for the ending ull hav to write it on the left side and ull hav to write thankyou the next line ur sign and again in the next line within brackets ur name and den in the other line ur status for eg if u are writing as the president of a committee
for informal letter the recipients address shud be on the left side while the senders address can be on the left or right side and u don't need a heading and the ending shudnt be on the left and u can end it as for eg with loads of love or yours lovingly and write ur name

u need to have a good vocabulary
ur grammar should be awesome
u hav to write good details and it should be informative
for summary u can exceed the word limit of about 5-10 words but not mare than that but not write below the word limit coz u can get peanalized
u should try your best to include all ur points; atleast 15 points
u shud never lift words from the passage
in DW u hav to cover all three bullet points

Reaction score
Well if I choose an argumentative so do I have to fight for both sides and then wat should be my conclusion...... do I stick to only side or both???

Reaction score
It is advisable not to attempt an argumentative essay when you have easier options available i.e descriptive and narrative compositions. However, if you feel you have the knowledge and you're confident you can write an argumentative composition then go for it. And yes you have to discuss both sides of the argument and then state which side you agree with it. But come on, describing a football match is a way easier then writing about whether war can be justified.

Reaction score
a
Well if I choose an argumentative so do I have to fight for both sides and then wat should be my conclusion...... do I stick to only side or both???[/quote
]
Im actually not sure about argumentative its better not to chose unless u hav debated and most english tutors reccomended us not to. So i dont know anything about argumentative and its always better to choose narrative and for factual choose it if u know many points

Reaction score
Well if I choose an argumentative so do I have to fight for both sides and then wat should be my conclusion...... do I stick to only side or both???
-U need to give a neutral introduction in first paragraph.
-Then in later paragraphs write in favour of the topic ( Like if u say yes to the topic)
- Then in later paragraphs write against the topic ( Like if u say no to the topic)
- Lastly give a conclusion according to your opinion.
- NOTE THAT VAGUE OR INCOMPLETE ARGUMENTS THEN MARKS ARE DEDUCTED.
- IF U QUOTE ANY ADAGE THAT MAKE SURE U GIVE THE COMPLETE REFERENCE/.......
- Although Agrumentative Essays are not to be preferred until u r very sure that u can write something of material
- They are considered to be low scoring Essays
- It is preferred to go for a narrative essay if u have a story relating to it.................

Reaction score
That's discursive; neutral. Argumentative is when you favour one side.

Reaction score
It is advisable not to attempt an argumentative essay when you have easier options available i.e descriptive and narrative compositions. However, if you feel you have the knowledge and you're confident you can write an argumentative composition then go for it. And yes you have to discuss both sides of the argument and then state which side you agree with it. But come on, describing a football match is a way easier then writing about whether war can be justified.
NO it is not