• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OCT NOV 2013 RESULTS

Reaction score
Hey guys.. how were your results?
i think the checking was strict this time..
The 8693 English disappointed many many students this time, in fact very few like 3% only passed with E.. so i think CIE has messed up d checking or something..
I want to know is there anyway other than an individual candidate applying for rechecking that CIE can be told that hey pls recheck ur corrections... uve messed up seriously this time..?
PLs tell me knw ASAP!

Reaction score
guyzz i have taken physics, maths, chemistry, and AICT
and my marks are Physics-87(a^) , Chemistry-82(a^) , Maths-96(a^) and AICT-84(a^)
shoould i go for resitting becoz i want A* in all 4
plzzz suggest me

Reaction score
Hi i only wrote my AS lvl this time and my grades are............
MATHS: 85
PHYSICS:86
BIOLOGY:85
BUSINESS studies: 50

hope all of you have got what u have expected. :) good luck

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my AS results few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions

Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)

I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices

Reaction score
when will the O/N 2013 papers be uploaded...???
pls guys if any one of u come across this info. pls do let me know..!!

Reaction score
Hello. I just want u 2 know that the 1st time that I did my HSC exams, I got approximately the same grades except for the E. Instead I got A. Instead of going to university, I sat again 4 the HSC exams.

Now after more than I year, I regret part of my decision. U know y?

Because I lost a year.

What I would recommend u is to go for university with the same grades and try to enroll in the course that u want there. In the meantime, if u have some money (buy only things that u need, not those which please u), try 2 save much of it for u 2 be able to pay ur exams. I know that at first it would be difficult. I passed through the same situation. Believe me it's hard but at the end of the day, ur parents and yourself will be proud of u.

Also, try 2 study the HSC principal subjects without of course neglecting the subsidiary ones.

I would also recommend u something else: if u fear u won't have sufficient money, then do ask some but little from ur parents. Don't be afraid. They are ur parents, they'll always be their 4 u. BUT DO THIS ONLY IF U KNOW U WILL STUDY AND THAT U WON"T WASTE THEIR MONEY AND OF COURSE THAT U"LL ACHIEVE BETTER GRADES.

I live in Mauritius. Here we uaually finish our HSC in late november and wait 8 months b4 going to university. In this 8 months, I'm sure u'll be able to study a lot of ur HSC subjects. Go 4 topical questions, exam questiions, theories, online explanations and tutorials.

BUT be careful about 1 thing. If u are going 4 this method, then put it in ur brain that u should NOT study from morning to night everyday. U know why? Because after 5 or six months, u'll be so tired that u'll leave all the studies. Then 1 month before exams u'll realise that exams are so near that u should work really hard. And trust me, perhaps u'll not be able to study as well as before on the eve of exams.

U can learn about six hours a day if u r not @ school or university. U'll improve a great deal, I'm sure of that.

That's it. I u need other counsels, let me know, I'll be glad 2 help.
thanks for the advices, I have gotten over it and I will just retake my worst subjects~ My parent supported me as well!