• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Official Discussion- IGCSE Summer Session Results

Reaction score
Wow i'm soo happy for you..you must've studied quite a lot... i'm inspired!!
First of all congrats! AMAZING results! But how come you got your percentage? All i got were my grades.. where can i get my percentage from? and i got an A in business too.. and i did really well :S like yours..seems like the threshold might have been REALLY high.
Let me know please ! :)

Reaction score
h
Extended Maths (a year early)- A* 92
Chemistry- A* 94
Physics- A* 92
English Literature- A* 91
Mandarin (MFL)- A* 95
Business- A 87 <---DAMNIT WTH
Biology- A* 90
Economica- A* 90
English First Language- A* 95
how do you do it??!! :))

Reaction score
Alhamdolillah i got Eight A *s and one A in Urdu
This was exactly wat i was praying and aiming for..Allah surely answers all prayers

“And your Lord says: Call on Me; I will answer your (prayer). But those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell-in humiliation.” ( 40: 60)

Can you please tell us how you studied for the IGCSE? I'll be doing my IG's on May/June 2013 and I'm quite scared for it especially chemistry.

Reaction score
Extended Maths (a year early)- A* 92
Chemistry- A* 94
Physics- A* 92
English Literature- A* 91
Mandarin (MFL)- A* 95
Business- A 87 <---DAMNIT WTH
Biology- A* 90
Economica- A* 90
English First Language- A* 95

Congratulations! Could you please tell us how you studied to achieve such great results? I'll be doing my IG's next year, and quite scared. =(

Reaction score
Congratulations! Could you please tell us how you studied to achieve such great results? I'll be doing my IG's next year, and quite scared. =(
To be perfectly honest, I crammed Business 3 days prior to the exam, so I suppose I really didn't deserve to get an A* in it, regardless of how heartrending it was to see. As for the rest of my results (especially in sciences), my advice (although I've nary a doubt that you've heard this before) is to do past papers. In my subjective opinion past papers>memorizing notes. You will notice a pattern in the style of questions in most papers of many subject. Albeit for English, I was already fairly proficient in it, given that it's my main and first language. I was dreading my English Literature results, however, as I shall so crudely put it "screwed up majorly" in the poetry section. My prose response was sufficient to compensate though... thank God. Mandarin is well....Mandarin (meaning that I was lucky to get an easy writing paper :D). But generally for MFL's, what you'll want to do is memorize vocabulary and sentence structures and MOST IMPORTANTLY have several paragraphs which are ambiguous enough to fit any situation as well as reflect your wide range of vocabulary and superior command of the language.

Note: I crammed Economics too, which I suppose explains the borderline 90.

Reaction score
Extended Maths (Without Coursework) - A* 96
Chemistry- A* 94
Physics- A* 90
English Literature- A 84
Geography- A* 91
Design & Technology - A* 91
Biology- A* 93
Economica- A* 93
ESL - A 84
Information & Technology - A* 91
PE (Edexcel) - A*

Moi

Reaction score
FINALLY my teacher sent me the correct details, and i logged in! Of course not the best here, but am crying of happiness !
i expected 2 B and /or a B and aC , no A* BUT.....
i GOT 3A and 3A* !
Math=A (expected a B or C)
IT=A* (expected that)
ESL=A
Biology=A* (expected an A)
Physics=A* (did so bad in it, missed so many questions, must be low curve, didnt expect a star)
Chemistry=A (expected a B or C, its my worst subject so wohoo)
i am so happy with my results, next year i will take Business igcse, hopefully A* !

Reaction score
Extended Maths (Without Coursework) - A* 96
Chemistry- A* 94
Physics- A* 90
English Literature- A 84
Geography- A* 91
Design & Technology - A* 91
Biology- A* 93
Economica- A* 93
ESL - A 84
Information & Technology - A* 91
PE (Edexcel) - A*

please could you tell me that are these marks Percentages or what?

Reaction score
Hey!
Today is the day, its August 13th, 1:07 AM. Results shall be online in few hours!
I believe this can be the official discussion thread, where you can post your results ( if you're okay with it) against your expectations, your thoughts, are you happy or sad, where you think you did okay/bad and all that kind of chiz!
so cross your fingers, good luck everyone, and try not to faint!
i know i will be on here , and i know this site will be live tomorrow!
cant wait to see what you guys think ect!
Good luck, may the Stars be forever in your favour!
question : did you get bad in any paper that you think it couldve handwriting? because i got B in business while you only need 137/200 to get A* which im pretty sure i got and my handwriting was bad though

Reaction score
Assalaamu Alaikum

I'm new here...lol...okay, so i just wanta know what does i mean if "oral endorsement" is written in brackets next to the title First Language English - on the results site.....i am a private candidate so i didnt take the oral component...i am worried as to whether this is maybe a mistake or can be a problem later on?

btw, i did post the same q in the welcome section, but seems like nobodys visiting there:)

id realy appreciate a reply

jazakumullah...

Moi

Reaction score
question : did you get bad in any paper that you think it couldve handwriting? because i got B in business while you only need 137/200 to get A* which im pretty sure i got and my handwriting was bad though
Hello there, i dont think handwriting is an issue as long as it can be read and understood! I honestly have the worst hand writing in my class, teachers barely inderstood, but i got all A and A* in my papers! Plus, how did you know its 137//200 ? the threshold didnt come out yet!