• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Official Resultbook (May-June 2014)

Reaction score
I want to know how fast i was. And this wasn't even our level, btw. Our's is student level, Grade 11 and 12.
How much time did you take to solve this? I took 8 minutes.
good speed. but u shud remember tht these questions come in other levels also...for example I remember seeing cadet level,s questions injunior levels, ppr also...Actually first I went into other complex methods of sloving it...drawing 2 diagonals..taking triangles and then I resorted to this method...abt 15 to 20 min I guess

Reaction score
good speed. but u shud remember tht these questions come in other levels also...for example I remember seeing cadet level,s questions injunior levels, ppr also...Actually first I went into other complex methods of sloving it...drawing 2 diagonals..taking triangles and then I resorted to this method...abt 15 to 20 min I guess

So junior level was expected to know this complex method of rationalization, which isn't an ordinary thing.

Reaction score
Many methods. You can use the ratio method, or pythagoras theorem, or any other new method to calculate those red line lengths.
but we need more specific infor abt anything related coz we can have diff circles in the same fig tht can satisfy the given conditions which will lead to diff red line lengths

Reaction score
but we need more specific infor abt anything related coz we can have diff circles in the same fig tht can satisfy the given conditions which will lead to diff red line lengths

There is no red line. I made it red to make it prominent. He is talking about the diagram i drew to explain the question to you!

Reaction score
There is no red line. I made it red to make it prominent. He is talking about the diagram i drew to explain the question to you!
he IS actually talking abt those red lines which u highlighted....he,s asking how to calculate those lengths ...since they can vary according to diff circles then it mens there needs to be more info/condition to get a unique answer

Reaction score
he IS actually talking abt those red lines which u highlighted....he,s asking how to calculate those lengths ...since they can vary according to diff circles then it mens there needs to be more info/condition to get a unique answer

The purpose of this question was to denote the different radii as different variables, and then find those red lines in terms of those variables, somehow leading to an expression for the sum of those two radii.

Reaction score
The purpose of this question was to denote the different radii as different variables, and then find those red lines in terms of those variables, somehow leading to an expression for the sum of those two radii.
tht,s the thing we wud get their sum always...but not of individual lines...tht,s wht he was talking abt tht how cud we get lengths of individual red lines

Reaction score
some other time....but have u seen the MS of mathematics they r here

Yes, i saw that histogram question.
The answer is ''38 OR 39 OR 40 OR 41''...

I wrote ''40.5/41'' in answer area, but 40.5 on answer line!

Technically, 41 is present in the answering space.. and the examiner will see it written there...

But you are saying he'll cut the mark.