• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Olevels Englsih Problem! Urgent!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
What I would suggest to you is might sound lame but ehh,it works!

Read books,as many as you can.
Watch cartoons,and listen to what they are saying,how a story is developed in each episode etc. (none of the crap on tv these days,download Foster's home for imaginary friends,ed edd,and eddy,pokemon some good cartoon)
Read essays,of people in your class,just to get an idea.

And then find your style,remember and essay FILLED with fancy words wont get you an A,you need a good structured essay,whatever topic it is. Write from your heart,not to score an A. Write so that when you read it,you enjoy.

Before attempting the question,think about it. Think about it for at least 5-10 minutes,in this time,make a mindmap,or note down key points etc.See your story being played in your mind.

Once you do that,you'll do great InshaAllah! :)

(I got 88% in O-levels)

Thanks, the problem is that i cant think of A good plot for my story, or narrative essay,

In the paper, there was a topic i attempted," Write about a day you spend in a strange surroundings." And i had no plot. I just wrote about a trip to a strange place. My essay was too stupid. Whereas my friend attemptd the same but his plot was that he has been on a plane amd plane crashed, he is in a unknown jungle, he is in a strange place. Now this is what i want. Ehy do these type of ideas cross thier minds but not mine?

Reaction score
Thanks, the problem is that i cant think of A good plot for my story, or narrative essay,

In the paper, there was a topic i attempted," Write about a day you spend in a strange surroundings." And i had no plot. I just wrote about a trip to a strange place. My essay was too stupid. Whereas my friend attemptd the same but his plot was that he has been on a plane amd plane crashed, he is in a unknown jungle, he is in a strange place. Now this is what i want. Ehy do these type of ideas cross thier minds but not mine?

That is why I suggested reading books and watching cartoons! :D
They help a LOT with plots. Use your imagination,think outside the box .. dont stick to basic standards!
You can make your story completely fiction as well. Such as waking up in someone elses body? In their home,in the heart of the sahara desserts?
Let your imagination guide you :)