• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O'Levels to A's/A Level

Reaction score
hey everyone, how's it going? i guess not too bad! lol, okay so the thing which im confused about is that, i did'nt give chemistry in O'level's and nor was i going to take it in A's/A Level but now im at this stage where i have to take chemistry for A's/A Level, the point is that would i be asked for my previous O'level Result when i'll apply for Under-graduation? and how can NOT GIVING Chemistry in O'level's affect in A'S/A Level or after?
bless*

Reaction score
If you're going into a field where chemistry is important than of course O level chemistry needs to be there. + you'll find it very difficult to do chemistry without o level knowledge.

Reaction score
Can you share which field you want to pursue after A Level?
Then we'll be able to help you better!

Reaction score
i have taken Physics and Mathematics in A's/A Level, and I've been told that i must have Chemistry in order to continue for any engineering field :(

Reaction score
That is correct!
You will need to clear O + A Level Chemistry to get enrolled in an Engineering Field like Mechanical, Chemical, Automotive etc.
But if you plan to do something relating to computers then you can take O + A Level Computer Studies to do Computer Based Engineering!

Reaction score
DAMN. should i give Chemistry for O'levels now? i mean would any university ask if i have given O'levels Chemistry or not?

Reaction score
Yeah you should ! It's not actually about that any university would ask for it or not. It's actually about, that without having prior knowledge of the subject from O levels, you can't continue it in the A levels, as you will find it difficult to study.

Reaction score
emkay said:
DAMN. should i give Chemistry for O'levels now? i mean would any university ask if i have given O'levels Chemistry or not?

Yes, you have to take Phys, Chem/Computer Studies and Maths in both O + A Level to be able to apply to an Engineering University or Course!

Plus O Level is going to build your base, so go through O Level syllabus before topping it up with A Level!

Reaction score
thenkyou guys, seems like time is givng a tough job i'll be givin O'Level chemistry with A's Physics and Mathematics in November 2010, hardly got five months to study! :(

Reaction score
No problem, I'm glad to be of help!

That's plenty of time if you honestly concentrate, finish the syllabus, do past papers and manage your time accordingly for all the subject!

Good luck!