• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

(Organic) Chemistry Revision?!

Reaction score
I'm going to write the As levels in this May. And my Chemistry teacher, who gave birth to a daughter recently has been on a leave for a few months now. So, I really need some help!

I guess I can handle the Inorganic Chemistry quite well... but the main problem for me is that there are a lot of reactions in the Organic Chemistry. And each reaction seems to have it's own catalysts and conditions and reagents. I would like to know if there are any simplified versions (like tables) of all the reactions. It would be really helpful.

Thank you very much~ :p

Reaction score
HaHaHa Lets hope the examiners also have many babies so that they will be in a good mood when checking the papers

Reaction score
And the examinations are delayed?? Hahaha...
Well that's a good imagination.

The organic reactions are very simple. They are classified into aliphatic reaction (functional group alternations) and aromatic reactions (involving the arene ring). The reaction chart of aliphatic (plus conditions) is on the book - Page 287. This will help you deal with all the questions about aliphetic reactions.
For aromatic ones, the exam seldom asks about this part. But it is wise to remember the alternation of some particular functional groups (like -OH -NO-) attached to the ring.

Reaction score
histephenson007 said:
I'm going to write the As levels in this May. And my Chemistry teacher, who gave birth to a daughter recently has been on a leave for a few months now. So, I really need some help!

I guess I can handle the Inorganic Chemistry quite well... but the main problem for me is that there are a lot of reactions in the Organic Chemistry. And each reaction seems to have it's own catalysts and conditions and reagents. I would like to know if there are any simplified versions (like tables) of all the reactions. It would be really helpful.

you can make ur own table. i have made my own flow chart of all the reactions of all the functional groups.
in a levels u need to work urself.
the table that i have made is very easy for me to study from it.

Reaction score
my sir was absent for one month because his wife was expected:p
u will laugh na that why would he take leave when his wife was expected:p
I can't imagine what type of people are here.

Reaction score
Check it out...

Attachments

• A2-Organic reactions spider diagram HANDOUT (Colour).pdf
    69.5 KB · Views: 138
Reaction score
MaidaMunaf said:
my sir was absent for one month because his wife was expected:p
u will laugh na that why would he take leave when his wife was expected:p
I can't imagine what type of people are here.

JORU KA GHULAAM!! :p :p

Reaction score
u guys should have said ''SIR WE ARE ALSO EXPECTING............AN EXAM.......SOONER THAN UR EXPECTATION:p!!!

Reaction score
MaidaMunaf said:
histephenson007 said:

you can make ur own table. i have made my own flow chart of all the reactions of all the functional groups.
in a levels u need to work urself.
the table that i have made is very easy for me to study from it.

uhm... I would have loved to do it..but due to the absence of my teacher we learned everything in a very unsystematic way. Hence, I am totally lost

Reaction score
DragonCub said:
And the examinations are delayed?? Hahaha...
Well that's a good imagination.

The organic reactions are very simple. They are classified into aliphatic reaction (functional group alternations) and aromatic reactions (involving the arene ring). The reaction chart of aliphatic (plus conditions) is on the book - Page 287. This will help you deal with all the questions about aliphetic reactions.
For aromatic ones, the exam seldom asks about this part. But it is wise to remember the alternation of some particular functional groups (like -OH -NO-) attached to the ring.

Thank you very much!!! I've never seen that page!!! THANK YOU~
this is wonderful¬!!