• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Our tumbledown Castle of Unity... Why?

Reaction score
one reason is this that there are many problems, worries and tension . so people have no time for others.
another reason for the insensitivity to atrocities and bomb attacks is this that these bomb explosions occur almost daily in pakistan. the frequent exposure to such things through tv makes a person insensitive

Reaction score
Salaams. Jazakillah khairan for the tag :)

Okay, firstly, I want to emphasize that I do nor intend to offend, insult, judge or anything like that.

Its just that a certain incident has been bugging me, and MashaAllah this thread is perfect to address it.

See, I had to go to India around a month back for some medical stuff...and what amazed my mum and I ( it was my first time there btw) was that none of the Muslim women made salam. We tried on many many occasions to greet them or smile( trust me, you can see when a lady in niqab smiles!) But not once did they reply. In fact, once, there were these two ladies sitting a few seats away from is. And we smiled Nd nodded heads but to no avail. Finally, when my mum stood up for something she went pat them and stopped and greeted them and they refused to acknowledge her!!! Whereas most of the Hindus and other non Muslims were very friendly. It was really saddening...

Anybody knows if theres a reason why?

Aside from that, its true...it happens all a cross the world. May Allah save us,and help us rectify this.

Jazakillah for another wonderful thread :)

Reaction score
one reason is this that there are many problems, worries and tension . so people have no time for others.
another reason for the insensitivity to atrocities and bomb attacks is this that these bomb explosions occur almost daily in pakistan. the frequent exposure to such things through tv makes a person insensitive
With regards this, it may just be that some peole act in this way in order to interact with as less people that they don't know as possible....because of the way life is these days....that we never know who is really involved with what, and by being in contact with someone who may be involved in something wrong, could be dangerous.

However, this is a sad state of affairs to be in. You would be depriving yourself of the company of so many people because of your fear. I suppose, though, that this is the sad reality of life...

Reaction score
I stand in the local train of my city, squeezed amidst my fellow passengers. The site is not unusual; just board the train at peak hours and you shall encounter the same. But let me tell you this: almost all of us were strangers to each other(of course you don’t expect to know everyone in this metropolitan city!) Just after a moment, a Non-Muslim lady speaks to another one(it is almost apparent that they shared no acquaintance) about whatever, but her mannerism is most cordial, as if they are age-old friends.

This is just a lone incident I mentioned here; such occurrences are nothing new to most people of most faiths.
But I tell you this: most Muslims are not so brotherly, even among themselves. Why are we losing what is supposed to be in our possession?

In the Holy Quran, Allah (swt) says in Surah Ale Imran verse 103, “And hold fast the rope of Allah altogether, and be not divided…”

This beautiful Word of Allah lays down for us the manner in which we must unite: by holding fast to the rope of Allah.

So what is the rope of Allah? The Mufassireen (explainers/exegetes of the text) have said theat this means the Quran and Ahadith (authentic sayings and actions of Muhammad [pbuh]). If we go according to what Allah and His Messenger (pbuh) say, surely, we shall regain our stand that we have long lost; certainly, there shall be much precalance of peace, for the very meaning of our religion is ‘Peace acquired by submitting to Allah’; and verily, we shall not be humiliated as we are being today.
The rope of Allah, if not held, will sever all relevance to our existence, will render us worthless, will send us plunging into the deep waters of destruction; may Allah Protect us from that.
Abu Dharr reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to me: Don't consider anything insignificant out of good things even if it is that you meet your brother with a cheerful countenance.[Muslim]

In Islam, all Muslims are brothers and sisters. So, if you wish to follow the Quran and Sunnah, you must try doing every single good deed, even if it is smiling at your brother/sister (ie same gender as you). Another hadith says, “Smiling at your brother’s face is charity” [Tirmidhi] Imagine: just by smiling you earn reward, too! Who would want to miss the fruits of such an easy sowing?

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also said that you should greet, invoking peace (salaam) for them, those who you know and those who you do not know. Will there, then, not be an avid prevalence of brotherhood? Will we, then, not be the Ummah of Muhammad (saw) who actually follow what Allah Loves? Will we, then, not be an honourable people, and not the scum and froth of the sea waters?

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) also said that the Muslim Ummah is like one body, if one part of the body is hurt, the whole body feels the pain. Today, the oppressors are mercilessly mutilating parts of this body, so shall we not feel the pain, and shall we not cry out in protest? Shall we, ourselves, not do what our mentor, Muhammad (saw) asked us to do? Shall we not be the obedient slaves of Allah for whom He Prepared Gardens in Paradise?
O Allah! Guide us among those whom You Have Guided.
May we practice the True Religion as it deserves practice, and may we strive to make the Word of Allah high, always! Aameen…

Peace be to all those who follow the Guidance.

Jazakallah, this is so true and it is a really important point that needs to be adressed!! like my nonmuslim teachers are actually WAYYYY nicer and kinder than the muslim ones!! Right Zari !! :(

Reaction score
Salaams. Jazakillah khairan for the tag :)

Okay, firstly, I want to emphasize that I do nor intend to offend, insult, judge or anything like that.

Its just that a certain incident has been bugging me, and MashaAllah this thread is perfect to address it.

See, I had to go to India around a month back for some medical stuff...and what amazed my mum and I ( it was my first time there btw) was that none of the Muslim women made salam. We tried on many many occasions to greet them or smile( trust me, you can see when a lady in niqab smiles!) But not once did they reply. In fact, once, there were these two ladies sitting a few seats away from is. And we smiled Nd nodded heads but to no avail. Finally, when my mum stood up for something she went pat them and stopped and greeted them and they refused to acknowledge her!!! Whereas most of the Hindus and other non Muslims were very friendly. It was really saddening...

Anybody knows if theres a reason why?

Aside from that, its true...it happens all a cross the world. May Allah save us,and help us rectify this.

Jazakillah for another wonderful thread :)

wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu, wa iyyakum :)
wt i've observed is Indian Muslim women, rather men too in my opinion, are conserved ppl n quite a few handful look back n reply/smile... :(
May Allah Protect us n make us an understanding, wise people....
its a reminder 4 me 2: Practice wt u preach....

Reaction score
We thought ourselves of great minds, we abandoned our Divine Constitution, reading them, not understanding them.. learning them like wild donkeys... then we differred, some even with the Sahabah (may Allah be Pleased with them), those that were the best of all generations, and invented ideologies whose roots belonged to soil beds that were far, far away from the Quran & Sunnah... and yet thought of ourselves as great, wise people...

Now we thrive in splits, sects of our invention...
Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu): "The Messenger of Allah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: 'The Jews separated into 71 sects, and the Christians into 72, and my nation will divide into 73 sects.'" (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Seventy-two (of the 73 sects of the Muslim nation) will be in the fire, and only one will be in Paradise; it is the Jama'ah (i.e. Ahle Sunnah Wa Jamaah)." (Abi Dawud, Ad-Darimi, Ahmad)

..And ONLY ONE will be in Paradise...

This makes mandatory on us holding fast to the Rope of Allah, the Quran & Sunnah, to find unity, to find His Pleasure, to find Salvation....

والسلام على من اتبع الهدى Peace be to all those who follow the Guidance...

Reaction score
Salamun alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh once again my brothers n sisters:)
yes, we c faults n rifts amongst ourselves, but hello, we're the future, we can change the world...if we change ourselves...our perceptions, our perspective, our refusal to relent to the shayateen...accepting our flaws, being humble, striving our utmost to abide by the Deen...we can change the world in shaa Allah...but first yourself. May Allah Help us unionize once again!