• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Outstanding learner awards

Reaction score
do you get like a certificate from CIE or....
I don't know what happens in other countries but in Bangladesh they give you a certificate in an award giving ceremony which is held in November. The school is informed about the award approximately 1 week after the results are released.

Reaction score
I don't know what happens in other countries but in Bangladesh they give you a certificate in an award giving ceremony which is held in November. The school is informed about the award approximately 1 week after the results are released.

The school is informed about the award approximately 1 week after the results are released?! Wow, now that's quick! I came out to know in January despite giving the exam in May/June Series -_- But sigh, there are no such awards for Bengali GCE O Level. :(

Reaction score
The school is informed about the award approximately 1 week after the results are released?! Wow, now that's quick! I came out to know in January despite giving the exam in May/June Series -_- But sigh, there are no such awards for Bengali GCE O Level. :(
What do you mean there is no such award for O level Bengali? I know a guy with a distinction in Bengali.

Reaction score
No the school is not informed about the award 1 week after the results.
Accordingly, CIE publishes a whole sheet of outstanding learners for each city (if there are any from that city) and it is released in February, kind of like the May/June exams always taking place in May ... The point being that the school is only informed of the distinctions achieved in February. If it was released a week after the results, why would the school hesitate until February to inform the candidate? :p
P.S (A classmate of mine got a world distinction, so yeah I have had this experience :D)

Reaction score
No the school is not informed about the award 1 week after the results.
Accordingly, CIE publishes a whole sheet of outstanding learners for each city (if there are any from that city) and it is released in February, kind of like the May/June exams always taking place in May ... The point being that the school is only informed of the distinctions achieved in February. If it was released a week after the results, why would the school hesitate until February to inform the candidate? :p
P.S (A classmate of mine got a world distinction, so yeah I have had this experience :D)
Yr the rules vary from country to country. In Bangladesh they don't even give city distinctions, we receive either country distinction or world distinction. Here the schools get informed 1 week after results and awards are given in October! I have had this experience too. :p

Reaction score
Yr the rules vary from country to country. In Bangladesh they don't even give city distinctions, we receive either country distinction or world distinction. Here the schools get informed 1 week after results and awards are given in October! I have had this experience too. :p
That is so absurd.
No wonder your country is an exception in every case :p

Reaction score
What do you mean there is no such award for O level Bengali? I know a guy with a distinction in Bengali.

I wanted to know if there are such awards for Bengali as I got a list of U.A.E winners and among the subjects mentioned, I didn't find Bengali. So I sent an email to the CIE Awards department. They said that unfortunately there isn't one for Bengali and they don't give awards for subjects for which they receive insufficient entries or if the overall marks are not sufficiently high. CIE people -_-

Oh well, about that guy, is it true? :O

Reaction score
I wanted to know if there are such awards for Bengali as I got a list of U.A.E winners and among the subjects mentioned, I didn't find Bengali. So I sent an email to the CIE Awards department. They said that unfortunately there isn't one for Bengali and they don't give awards for subjects for which they receive insufficient entries or if the overall marks are not sufficiently high. CIE people -_-

Oh well, about that guy, is it true? :O
The guy who got distinction lives in Bangladesh. I think CIE does not give this award in UAE due to insufficient entries but they do give award in Bangladesh!

Reaction score
What happens when you are top in the world or country in a particular subject?
Cambridge Outstanding Learner Awards are released every year which celebrate the success of those students who got the highest mark in a particular subject either in the world, the country or a particular region. For Pakistan the awards are announced in February. For every country the awards are released at different times of the year. In most of the countries awards are released for both the June and the November sessions. About 3 weeks after the award list is released, the candidates receive their certificates from their school coordinator.

Last edited: