• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Overall grades evaluation. help =/

Reaction score
How are the overall grades evaluated?
like if i got Alll B's in all the 5 papers
what would be my overall grade?
can you detail this please :)
:unknown:

Reaction score
All B is generally a B as almost anyone would expect. However if some of your grades are lets say a very high B..by this I mean its almost an A...it is possible for the overall to be A depending on the GT for all papers combined. Hope you get my point.

Reaction score
Yes, but is there any chance, say..
i get a C in my paper 4 and the rest B?
is this goin to be a C?

Reaction score
My friends have got 2 A's and one B and had an overall A...so i'm going to guess its possible yeah. You wont neccessarily be a C..again it just depends on how low or how high your C is. Better chances for overall B if ure C is near a B rather then a D. Sometimes they dont add the individual papers minimum GT required to form the overall GT for all papers combined. Like if all your 4 papers need a minimum 40/50 to to get A..the usual result is that 160 = A. However sometimes its possible that value is higher or lower for the overall GT. Not sure how they decide this though.

Also dont worry too much about it. Strictly speaking if you do 3 papers well the result is generally positive..one paper wont matter too much. This is because your 3 papers which you got a B generally wont be just crossing the B border. Its possible some of your papers are mid way between B and A which would make up for your C. Hope you got it try to stay positive ;p

Reaction score
Zephyro said:
My friends have got 2 A's and one B and had an overall A...so i'm going to guess its possible yeah. You wont neccessarily be a C..again it just depends on how low or how high your C is. Better chances for overall B if ure C is near a B rather then a D. Sometimes they dont add the individual papers minimum GT required to form the overall GT for all papers combined. Like if all your 4 papers need a minimum 40/50 to to get A..the usual result is that 160 = A. However sometimes its possible that value is higher or lower for the overall GT. Not sure how they decide this though.

Also dont worry too much about it. Strictly speaking if you do 3 papers well the result is generally positive..one paper wont matter too much. This is because your 3 papers which you got a B generally wont be just crossing the B border. Its possible some of your papers are mid way between B and A which would make up for your C. Hope you got it try to stay positive ;p
lol gee
ill try and stay positive..as long as my nightmares dont haunt me too much :p
thank yew!

Reaction score
lol
well save me a drink :p
for lettn u know LOL
plus..I WANA PARTAY..
but my partay is over -____________________-

Reaction score
Mia4005 said:
nikhil000 said:
what if i get all high B's in 4 of my math papers? what will be my overall grade?
well :D
your gona get an A :D

overall B wont get an A at any cost....!! u are pretty sure u will score B in each paper..means u must b gud at maths...so u dont need to ask us...just think bout urself...!! Suppose

GT for p1 a(65) b(59)
GT for p3 a(67) b(60)
GT For M1/M2 a(41) b(34)
GT for S1/S2 a(37) b(32)

well now...suppose u have combination of p1 p3 m1 and s1...(this is the usual combination in Nepal) now....to get an A, u need to score 65+67+41+37=210...

not 64+66+40+36 if u have B in all papers..this is the max marks u could score in eaach paper..i.e one less than GT for A....so..adding them u get 206...and to met an A..u need to score 210 and u got 206...thus u wil get B..not an A.........i gave maths in MJ 2011..and i scored A(80%)....because i had A in p1...and B in S1 S2 and P3......now GT for p1(12) was 57..but my guess was 71 there..and..i think i scored higher B in all papers...so..it was balanced by p1..and thus A....u are asking..if i have 70% in each paper..what is my aggregate %...that is obviously 70% dude..anything to thnk bout ??

Reaction score
Mia4005 said:
Yes, but is there any chance, say..
i get a C in my paper 4 and the rest B?
is this goin to be a C?

wel...out of total score..38% of the score of p4 matters..which is a lot...!! but..after all..u said u will score B in other 4 papers..that wouldnot make much difference...max probability to get a B

Reaction score
mrpaudel said:
Mia4005 said:
nikhil000 said:
what if i get all high B's in 4 of my math papers? what will be my overall grade?
well :D
your gona get an A :D

overall B wont get an A at any cost....!! u are pretty sure u will score B in each paper..means u must b gud at maths...so u dont need to ask us...just think bout urself...!! Suppose

GT for p1 a(65) b(59)
GT for p3 a(67) b(60)
GT For M1/M2 a(41) b(34)
GT for S1/S2 a(37) b(32)

don't you think ,these threshold are too high? For P3 ,its for sure not gonna be 67 ..2011 may-june was pretty easy for P3,but this time ,it was a lil tough.!

Reaction score
what do you think if you can get As in P1, P3 and S1 but in M1, you get a C? do you think it can score A*?

Reaction score
sankyung56 said:
what do you think if you can get As in P1, P3 and S1 but in M1, you get a C? do you think it can score A*?
bit much dont you think to hope for a* with one c. better expectation would be a or b.

Reaction score
@nikhil: dude..thats just an assumption..!! i just want ppl to understand...the thing how much grade u may get....u can put any score u like..!! yeah..MJ 2011 was easy..for p3..did some silly mistakes..and scored B...

Reaction score
The overall grade is determined by your cumulated weighted score for each paper.