• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

p1 help needed!plz help me

Reaction score
Well for this one the total opposite torques must be equal..
So: 900 x 0.20 = F x 1.20
U get F = 150 !!

Reaction score
weight would be lifted if there is a minimum torque slightly grater than zero.. we assume them to be equal because even the slightest change would result in lifting of the weight ..
Well Q.10 is C
as the body was stationary the momentum is 0. find out the velocities.. M has velocity V while 2m has velocity 0.5V .. !! because this is how u r goign to get same momentums.. now find out the K.E's and get the ratio.. tell me if u arent able to get the anser :)

Reaction score
In question 15, what u need to notice is that along with the height the mass is also reduced by 0.5 when the two water levels are equal. so P.E = 0.5m x g x 0.5h which gives u mgh/4 !!!

Reaction score
Q.31 ) This one is easy.. the time is given just to confuse you .. You can use time if u use the equation E=VIT, but it is far easier if u use E=VQ .. divide E by V and u have your answer :)

Reaction score
It indeed seems to be an interesting paper.. Keeping it for tuesday :D last mint preparations ;)

Reaction score
can any1 help me oct/nov 09 question 9-15 and 22...i knw a lot of questions but help meeeee

Reaction score
q9 momentum before and after collision must be sAME
MOMENTUM BEFORE COLLISION IS 2MU+(-MU)=MU
SO ONLY IN A THE TOTAL MOMENTUM IS (5/3MU)+(-MU/3)=MU

Reaction score
Q10
CALCULATE ACCELARATION BY a=F/M =60/30=2
so use equation v=u+at take accelaration negative as its slowing down
3+(-2*0.5)=2
so C

Q11
its the point through which the weight may be considered to act