• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

p1 help needed

Reaction score
any1 plzzzz
also tell me whether identities nd A.p G.p formulas r given or not

Reaction score
f(x) = k ------> 4 - 3sin(x) = k has so solution, the answer is simply the values those are out of the range of the function.
f(x) has range 1 <= f(x) <= 7, so k's value should be k < 1 or k > 7.

Reaction score
IF there was cosx too, it would be the same answer....the xplaination is here.....
the least value of sinx is always -1 which gives 4-3sinx=7.....and the max value of sinx is always 1 which gives 4-3Sinx=1....so if sinx value is other than -1 to +1 inclusive, it gives those value....that is..between 1 to 7 inclusive... so question asks.,..the equation has no solution ..which means it shud b either less than 1..or greater than 7!!!....if u stil have confusion, u r free to ask again..will try my best to help you..!!

@Mueez: yeah....AP GP formualae are given...for identities....u are not given formulas for Sin3A Cos3A and so on..!! but..others are given

Reaction score
crash250 said:
anymore elaboration plzzzz..wht would be the answer if it was cosx???????

if you'd do part i) then you'd know the range of the grap, i.e. you;d be able to write it

Reaction score
ok guys..just another question sorry
what is the max and min value of COS^2 x and SIN^2 x AND at wht angle each of them occur

thanks alot

Reaction score
max value of For Sin^2 x is 1 in 90 degree whereas minimun value is 0 in 0 degree...same as in case of Cos^2 x....max value in 0 degree and minimun value in 90 degree