• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pak.Studies and Islamiyat Notes!

Reaction score
You'd be much better off using approved books written by professionals.
Yasmin Malik and F.N. Muhammad for Islamiyat.
Bajwa and Smith for Pakistan History.
Sethi and F.K. Khan for Environment of Pakistan.

Reaction score
hi can you supply me pakistan studies 2059/1 and islamiat 2058 notes

will be thankful to you (anyone)

Reaction score
i can and books mentioned by AAli Khan dont have 2 others new ones
1. Islamiat for O-levels by Ghulam Shabbir
2. Islamiat for O=levels by Dr. Iftikhar ul Haq
3. Oxford Islamiat by David Thomas------ on choice not recommended

Reaction score
How much do we have to write in our Islamiyat CIE answers. I never get it
How much are we supposed to write in 4 marks, 6 marks, 10 marks question?
My teacher says that for 4 marks it should be 3/4 of the fool-scape sheet, for 6 marks it should be 1 and 1/2 fool-scape sheet and for 10 marks it should be 3 pages. Is it correct?

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
How much do we have to write in our Islamiyat CIE answers. I never get it
How much are we supposed to write in 4 marks, 6 marks, 10 marks question?
My teacher says that for 4 marks it should be 3/4 of the fool-scape sheet, for 6 marks it should be 1 and 1/2 fool-scape sheet and for 10 marks it should be 3 pages. Is it correct?
Its about quality and density of your answer.
A single page answer for the 10 mark answer can be enough.
However if you are just covering the minimum required points from past marking schemes in about half a page, i don't think its gonna impress the examiner.

I don't remember the exact question but in a 'Support Booklet' of '2059 - Pakistan Studies' a student got 7/14 marks in his first five lines.
The rest half a page answer only got him 4/5 marks. So it all depends about the quality of your answer.

Reaction score
Quantity cannot make for quality. At least not at all in Cambridge. The first important thing is to focus on command words. Understand the demand of the question. Don't just launch into writing all that you know about a particular topic. For example a question worth 4 marks that says 'describe', only needs 4 solid points of "description' then whether it takes you 4 lines or 8 lines is up to your own ability to convey information. Similarly, for example, in History for the 7 mark question you need three distinct, relevant, focused and well developed points to get 7/7. It takes about a page hardly to do that. I remember thats how i worked out when i gave Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat 2 years back. I scored 96 in Islamiyat and 97 in Pakistan Studies apart from my 9 other A's. And my experience tells its about quality not quantity that matters.

Reaction score
Islamiyat is not a subject to be crammed in O level Exams. The length of the question must remain a consideration for time management and quality of the content. for 4 maks it must not exceed 120 words. and for 10 marks it must not be less than 200 words. 350 is the ideal. For attempting part (b) no notes can be of any help what so ever. its the quality of teaching that would matter. No teacher can produce good results by "self analysis" of the answers of the students. Teachers must be very clear on what Cambridge university examiners require. For this purpose the levels for marking have been set in the syllabus. Students in Pakistan can contact 0321-6028806 for guidance.

Reaction score
according to cambridge a 4 mark theme and 4 mark theme in distinctive way needs 170 words each

Reaction score
No need to write 3 pages if you are not getting the required points.I have seen many who write 1 page or 1.5 pages for 10 marks and get good marks.Its not the quantity, its the quality of the answer you are giving.When you think that you have written all the required points then stop there and finish off with the question.If you write 3 pages for 10 marks and do not write what the question asks then you have wasted all your valuable time which could be spend at any other question!!!!!!

Reaction score
Fatimah Khalid said:
Thanks.
I also wanted to know how to write the explanation of Surahs according to the new syllabus.
You just need to describe the MAIN THEME of the Surah, and it's major teachings that are to be considered important by the Muslims in their daily lives when it comes to considering examples from the Holy Quran.
The new syllabus, as we all know, also contains the questions regarding the presentation of the themes in the passage ( the way it explains it's theme ) with respect to some command words in the passage and the meaning of each separate Ayat e.g. For the presentation of Surah Ikhlas, one such point can be that of a quote in the Quran ‘He is the First and the Last.’(57:3), which means Allah, has been in existence since eternity. This explains how the passage signifies one of it's main themes regarding the existence of Allah.

Reaction score
Gp abt this way in writing theme.
First write where these verses came from in which surah,then where was it revealed and then on what is it based on.After writing this pick out the qualities of ALLAH and the guidance in the Surah and then write abt these points wxplain what u mean by like Tauhid and other stuff dont give any form of Eg in part a of surahs just be simple and tell what the Surah says but in ur own words.

THen u come to the b part here u should know a number of sayings just learn 4 on each topic as u may have seen that THERE ARE 15 SURAHS AND ARE DIVIDED IN 3 things. LIKE THEIR ARE 5 SURAHS ON ALLAH IN HIMSELF,5 ON ALLAH AND HIS CREATED WORLD AND 5ON ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGERS SO LEARN 4 quotations for for each and whenever a surah comes from these three u can write the quotations.Well in the b part u tell how the main theme is presented in an distinctive manner and try to find eg like in the Surah where Prophet Ibrahim tries to tell people to stop worshipping celestial bodies u can say that he uses logic to try to tell his people to stop worshipping these bodies and worship ALLAH alone and can sayt hat Allah himself orders this by saying that "Let there be no compulsion in religion' and therefore Prophet Ibrahim tries to make his people believe in Allah.Also u could give reference to Surahs.Like this thing is also said in another surah and write the name.
Well i dont think u need to write that big an answer for the first question in both papers one page of both part a and b should be more then enough use words which can replace three four words like OMNIPOTENT AND OMNISCIENT these will help u reduce the size and dont go for long answers and read the examiner reports they help u how to do the paper the way examiners want but for surahs read it after the syllabus was changed so read from M/J 2009. ;)

Reaction score
yeah also look in the contest section there are notes on Surahs and Hadith.

Reaction score
U could look in the Attachment its not my work i found it in the Contest section so here u go.

Attachments

• Major Themes of Quranic Passages.doc
    74 KB · Views: 96