• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pak studies history

Reaction score
I need help with questions like these..
Q. How succesful were British attempts at conquering territories between 18th and 19th century..?
Or w/e..... Like they want the successes and failures... But i am having difficulties with the failures... could someone gimme details on their failures.... like the tipu sultan one.... This type of question in Oct, and in the mark schemes the failures are just stated. Someone plz gimme the details..

Reaction score
Alchemist4lyf said:
I need help with questions like these..
Q. How succesful were British attempts at conquering territories between 18th and 19th century..?
Or w/e..... Like they want the successes and failures... But i am having difficulties with the failures... could someone gimme details on their failures.... like the tipu sultan one.... This type of question in Oct, and in the mark schemes the failures are just stated. Someone plz gimme the details..
here are some failures
-Early success of Tipu Sultan.
-Early success of Ranjit Singh.
-Marathas provided tough resistance.
-Failure in Afghanistan.

Reaction score
Not helping.... :(
As i said, i need the details for these points... if you can give em to me, i'll be satisfied.... thnx anyways though.

Reaction score
Well details are as following
-Father of tipu sultan defeated the British in two battles and therefore Mysore was a tough resistance for the British. After the death of Hyder Ali his son Tipu took the charge. British started their propaganda against him and they were quite successful in it. They were able to defeat the Tipu after a fierce battle.

Write like this !!

Reaction score
Yup exactly like this as salmanpakrocks said so just write like this for all, u must be knowing the details for the point right so it shudnt be a problem

Reaction score
Im sorry... but i have to ask..
What were the early successes of Ranjit Singh?? and the Marathas, didn't they provide resistance to the Mughals??

Reaction score
Ranjit singh was the ruler of Punjab when brtish came and because he was really powerful the british did not remove him and instead they became loyal to him and told him to put a puppet ruler in afghanistAN and therefore he did.But as soon as he died there was turmoil over who would take the throne and the rulers attacked the british who destroyed them and then reigned Punjab as well.

Well MARATHAS IS ALL WRITTEN IN NIGEL KELLY BUT IF U WANT ILL PROVIDE LATER ;)

Reaction score
Marhatthas provided tough resistance to British and British defeated them after two battles but finally in (I don't remember the date) Marhatthas were defeated and forced to accept British rule.