• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PAK STUDIES!!

Reaction score
help me out guys, i am very confused in pak studies paper 2! i dont know between redspot and markings scheme, i have seen in the marking scheme that the answer are almost same in the ms as well as redspot! my teacher advices to follow the redspot.. what should i do?? And for history paper i am confused on how to develop my answer according to the marking scheme for 7 and 14 marks as the answer written in the ms is very brief!
plz help me out quickly.... i am waiting for replies:(

Reaction score
help me out guys, i am very confused in pak studies paper 2! i dont know between redspot and markings scheme, i have seen in the marking scheme that the answer are almost same in the ms as well as redspot! my teacher advices to follow the redspot.. what should i do?? And for history paper i am confused on how to develop my answer according to the marking scheme for 7 and 14 marks as the answer written in the ms is very brief!
for p2, u need to write valid points and develope them where required. Use ms for sample points and redspot for seeing how to develop answer.
For history, use ms for points. For developemnt of points, u have 2 explain 3points for 7 and about 7 for 14 mark. Link each reason back to question. In this way u explain a reason. Example:
Why urdu became national language?
One of the reason for Urdu becoming national language was it being a uniting force among muslims. It united muslims against hindus in 1867, 'hindi-urdu contraversory'. Also muslim league declared its policy to protect this language. So it was obvious that such a language would be choosen.
Similarly explain 2 more reasons.

Reaction score

For Geography: you should think on your own and try to develop answers with taking the help of the book. After that check through the marking scheme what were the extra points you added and what you missed out. Make sure what you missed out from the ms you should include that in your answer.

For History: 7 marks requires 3 reasons for the issue mentioned. For e.g: What were the reasons for decline of the Mughal Empire? Here you should mention any three reasons which you think were important. Like you can mention inefficient administration, weak successors and the arrival of British.
14 marks mostly depends on the type of the question. If the examiner is asking about an event whether it was successful or unsuccessful the you have to mention about the event and give an analysis. If he is asking about the failure of an event, again you have to explain all the reasons for its failure. If he has given a time period, suppose of 10 years then all the events taking place in that period have to be mentioned and the conclusion has to be linked with the question. For e.g the question is: Was the Cripps Mission in 1942 the most important factor during the 1940's that led to the partition of subcontinent in 1947? Give reasons for your answer.
So here you will mention the events taking palce from 1940 to 1947 and in the conclusion you are going to state whatever you think was important factor leading to partition, which obviously was Lahore Resolution.

Hope it helped!!!!
I am also giving CIE for Pak.Studies & Islamiyat. So, lets hope for the best :)