• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies 2059/1 Important Questions

Reaction score
Dear Students,
Practice the following 2 practice papers for your final preparation, these will be help for u all.
Regards, Grade Boosters Academia Admin

Paper A
1. a) Who was Robert Clive?
b) Why were the regional languages of Pakistan promoted?
c) 'Issue of gresed cartilages was the most important cause of War of Independence, 1857'. Do you agree? Explain.

2. a) What was the Severes Treaty 1920?
b) Why was Bengal partitioned in 1905 and then decision reversed in 1911?
c) How important was Jinnah to the Pakistan Movement?

3. a) What was the Communal Award, 1932?
b) Why was Direct Action Day celebrated by Muslims in 1946?
c) How did the success of the Muslim League in the 1945-46 elections lead to changes in British attempts to solve the problems of the sub-continent?

4. a) What was the Kargil Issue?
b) Why was Bhutto executed in 1978?
c) How successful were attempts to establish a new constitution in the years 1949-69?

5. a) What was the 8th Amendment?
b) Why was Benazir Bhutto exiled?
c) How successful were the policies of Nawaz Sharif (1990-93) and (1997-99)?

Paper B
1. a) Who was Tipu Sultan?
b) Why did the Mughal Empire decline?
c) 'Educational reforms of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan were his greatest contribution.' Do you agree? Elaborate.

2. a) What was the Swadeshi Movement?
b) Why did Muslims of India form a political party in 1906?
c) 'Muslims celebrated Day of Deliverance in 1939 because of congress atrocities in 1937-39'. Do you agree? Explain.

3. a) What were Dlehi Proposals 1927?
b) Why did Muslim league perform better in 1945 elections than in 1937 elections?
c) 'Annexation of princely states was the most pressing problem faced by Early Pakistan in 1947'. Do you agree? Explain.

4. a) What was One Unit Scheme?
b) Why was Ayub Khan's period called 'Decade of progress'?
c) East Pakistan was separated due to geographical problems. Do you agree? Elaborate.

5. a) What was the Simla Accord?
b) Why did Paksitan join U.N. in 1947?
c) How successful has Pakistan been in its relations with US from 1947-99?

Reaction score
ok thankx

here's m0re
wht is the palestine problem?
and
What was Geneva Accord?

Reaction score
can anyone answer WHY WERE THE REGIONAL LANGUAGES PROMOTED ? (7) plz i can't find da answer

Reaction score
c) How did the success of the Muslim League in the 1945-46 elections lead to changes in British attempts to solve the problems of the sub-continent?
a) what was the Geneva accord?
can anyone please answer these..i'm confused about the format of the first question..

Reaction score
Answer for this?

Reaction score
Answer for this?
That's a silly question. Makes no sense. :eek: Whoever made this paper has gotta understand the pattern of questions first!

Reaction score
@ harris bin zahid- please see the cie syllabus for pakistan studies 2012, which states this question as its focus point for themed study of events occuring in 1946 and 1947 which led to independence for Muslims, thnx, nd if the question is silly, then cambridge examiners r to blame, so i guess u made a silly comment

Reaction score
ok thankx

here's m0re
wht is the palestine problem?
and
What was Geneva Accord?
me answers geneva accord for now:

The geneva accord was a agreement between Pakistan and Afghanistan on the voluntary return of Afghan refugees; and an agreement on the settlement of the situation relating to Afghanistan, signed by Pakistan and Afghanistan and witnessed by the Soviet Union and the United States in 1988.The Afghan Mujahideen, were not a party to the negotiations and, consequently they refused to accept the terms of the agreement.

can anyone answer WHY WERE THE REGIONAL LANGUAGES PROMOTED ? (7) plz i can't find da answer

here u go..

1. Cultural heritage, of Pak, the literary work e.t.c has to be preserved as part of our traditions..
2. Give imp to language speakers- no one feels neglected/ignored.
3. as a sign of recognition to the poets who took part in struggle for independece, e.g pashto poets wrote strongly against brit rule so to honour them govt promotes langs..​

Reaction score
@ harris bin zahid- please see the cie syllabus for pakistan studies 2012, which states this question as its focus point for themed study of events occuring in 1946 and 1947 which led to independence for Muslims, thnx, nd if the question is silly, then cambridge examiners r to blame, so i guess u made a silly comment
Ok you win I lose! Huh!
What material have u got to write in it?????

Reaction score
the answer to harris's question will include highlights of the consequences of 1945 elections i.e. emergence f muslim league as a dominant political party, stance description in the cabinet mission plan, then show up of reserved nature in direct action day, and the over growing pressure on british government for independence as Muslims could not be ignored now that they were so significant in the political realm. so u conclude with 3rd june plan and independence's declaration.

NIM

Reaction score
excuse me i just had a doubt what is meant by
'LEVEL 5: As Level 4 – also produces a judgement or evaluation'..
thnx in advance... jazakallah

Reaction score
@ haseeb- thnku for the appreciation, u should be thankful grade boosters team, lahore which gave these papers for practice