• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiat and Urdu, discussions.

What subjects are you appearing for in 2014?

• Urdu

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Pakistan Studies

• Islamiat

• Computer Studies

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Others.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I was sick badly weakness headache measles :/ but its fine other than that few bad grades at school

Reaction score
my retake from october 7 and i am scareed for pak std islam i had may ones pretty good but unfortunately the leakage anyways haseeb bhai some tips plz :p i am not even taking tusions either
Don't sweat it,bro... You'll get good grades IA.Well....tips eh :)
Leave section 3 of history for starters :D ....or, If you have decided to prepare it as well then do it completely don't even skip a damn word.(no 50/50).
I'd recommend u to leave section three and prepare the rest so well that it would be hard for CIE to find a question that u can't answer.In your paper there is a high chance that 2 questions will be coming from section 2 , 1 question from section 1 and 2 from section 3.
Other than that....just a night before the paper...check out the past papers with marking schemes of atleast 5 years.
In islamiat.......leave nothing ;)
Some tips:
While attempting the paper, Leave question 1 of both p1 and p2(hadis and quranic passages) in the starting and do it in the end(trust me it will save you a lot of time)
The most important thing is to understand the question.....NEVER read a question in jiffy, u might miss out the key points...for instance a question was "describe the events that LED upto the migration to madinah"....now most of my friends were like "Man!!!I've prepared for this like...a MILLION times...piece of cake :D " but they were so excited that they missed out on the 'led upto' part and wrote about the main events instead.
One teeny tiny mistake can ruin your paper :)
Phew!! I hope these tips will help u out in ur paper. Just hope for the best and god will do the rest :D

Reaction score
Don't sweat it,bro... You'll get good grades IA.Well....tips eh :)
Leave section 3 of history for starters :D ....or, If you have decided to prepare it as well then do it completely don't even skip a damn word.(no 50/50).
I'd recommend u to leave section three and prepare the rest so well that it would be hard for CIE to find a question that u can't answer.In your paper there is a high chance that 2 questions will be coming from section 2 , 1 question from section 1 and 2 from section 3.
Other than that....just a night before the paper...check out the past papers with marking schemes of atleast 5 years.
In islamiat.......leave nothing ;)
Some tips:
While attempting the paper, Leave question 1 of both p1 and p2(hadis and quranic passages) in the starting and do it in the end(trust me it will save you a lot of time)
The most important thing is to understand the question.....NEVER read a question in jiffy, u might miss out the key points...for instance a question was "describe the events that LED upto the migration to madinah"....now most of my friends were like "Man!!!I've prepared for this like...a MILLION times...piece of cake :D " but they were so excited that they missed out on the 'led upto' part and wrote about the main events instead.
One teeny tiny mistake can ruin your paper :)
Phew!! I hope these tips will help u out in ur paper. Just hope for the best and god will do the rest :D
Thanks for these! They might help me for my CIEs in May/June.
But I'm gonna be doing Section 3 because I don't know why I have a feeling that 3 questions from Section 3 are gonna come. You can't cope with the mentality of the British Council, you know. :p

Reaction score
Thanks haseeb well sec 3 aint nobody got time for tat now im almost wid islam and hist just final revisions before the paper and believe me I did sec 3 for may kacha pakka and wen I saw the questions lol I forgot everuthing so I guess its a waste of time anyways though my sir used to say do it till initial problems I might do it till there but u know islam is tricky in oct nov sessions my may ones went great pak std islam have eaten my life lol although islam is great being our religion but frm the paper pov it has eaten me :p anyways thnx for the tips and ur time regards

Reaction score
Thanks for these! They might help me for my CIEs in May/June.
But I'm gonna be doing Section 3 because I don't know why I have a feeling that 3 questions from Section 3 are gonna come. You can't cope with the mentality of the British Council, you know. :p
Well, so far I haven't come across a history paper in which 3 questions were from section 3.I had the same feeling and I completed section 3 till nawaz sharif(whole section 3 except relations with states)....but in the paper I attempted questions from sec 1 and 2(this was the leaked paper) but since I had one week to revise the whole course of islamiat and pak studies in the retest, I had to leave section 3 completely...the retest paper also had 3 questions from sec 1 and 2.....
But I know you're gonna do section 3 anyway, so there's no point in arguing :D
You'll certainly feel better that way ;)

Reaction score
Oh and for geography, look for key words in the questions like,
"Describe" in which u DON'T have to give reasons for your answer, or "Explain" which includes reasoning...or "to what extent" in which u have to give the positive+negative features....you can check out these key words from the syllabus provided by CIE....they are written on the last page.
And Umna, You might think that the passages trick I mentioned for islamiat is crappy (I thought it was too).But you should try this at a school test, you'll find it really helpful.:)

Reaction score
Well, so far I haven't come across a history paper in which 3 questions were from section 3.I had the same feeling and I completed section 3 till nawaz sharif(whole section 3 except relations with states)....but in the paper I attempted questions from sec 1 and 2(this was the leaked paper) but since I had one week to revise the whole course of islamiat and pak studies in the retest, I had to leave section 3 completely...the retest paper also had 3 questions from sec 1 and 2.....
But I know you're gonna do section 3 anyway, so there's no point in arguing :D
You'll certainly feel better that way ;)
Hahaha yeah! But my mind is all jumbled up right now about possibilities in the papers. Like just when everyone was giving their second paper after the leaked ones I was like we would give our papers two times as well. So yeah story of my life :D

Reaction score
I was pretty scared as well....
Don't worry you'll get straight A*s if u work hard.Self study is all that matters.
Well, if u have any questions....I'd be happy to help you out :)
Wow that's great. My Pak studies and Islamiyat exams are in 4 days :O I take no tuitions. I'm aiming for A*s inshaAllah. Please answer my questions it would be a great help.
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/help-with-pak-studies-and-islamiyat.29661/
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...stan-studies-4-7-and-14-mark-questions.29690/
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...studies-and-islamiyat-related-questions.29180
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/islamiyat-help.29691/

PLEASE help me! I'd be very grateful.

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah! But my mind is all jumbled up right now about possibilities in the papers. Like just when everyone was giving their second paper after the leaked ones I was like we would give our papers two times as well. So yeah story of my life :D
Well, let's just hope you don't have to go through re-tests like we did :) #peace#

Reaction score

I've mentioned some tips above in this thread....you might wanna look into it :) ,I'll copy/paste it on your thread ;)

Reaction score
Hi , I'm appearing for O'level in May/June 2014 for Isl. , Pak studies and Urdu and only 6 months are left. Tips needed , plz..!

Reaction score
Hi , I'm appearing for O'level in May/June 2014 for Isl. , Pak studies and Urdu and only 6 months are left. Tips needed , plz..!
No time to chill out, man, start studyin hard if u want good grades!!!Start from december at the LEAST.
Check out Faiqa Ahmed's threads above, you may find some stuff useful...