• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I don't think he was martyred during battle because its not written. He passed away during the Khalifa of Hazrat Umar
Raashid ibn Hubaysh narrated that Muhammad entered upon ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit when he was sick and said, “Do you know who is a shaheed (martyr) in my ummah?” The people remained silent, then ‘Ubaadah said, “Help me to sit up.” They helped him to sit up, then he said, “O Messenger of Allah, (is it) the patient one who seeks reward from Allah for his patience?” Muhammad said, “Then the martyrs among my ummah would be very few. Being killed for the sake of Allah is martyrdom, the plague is martyrdom, drowning is martyrdom, stomach disease is martyrdom, and if a woman dies during the post-partum period, her child will drag her to Paradise by his umbilical cord.” The umbilical cord is that which is cut by the midwife when the child is born. The hadeeth was narrated by Imaam Ahmad in his Musnad with a saheeh isnaad. . There is a corroborating report narrated by Maalik and Abu Dawood

Reaction score
One of the Ten blessed companion of the Holy Prophet(SAW)
Accepted Islam at the invitation of Hazrat Abu Bakr
Was one of the first batch of Muslims who migrated to Abyssinia
Took part in all important battles fought during Prophet(SAW)'s life
Respected companions of the Prophet(PBUH)
Spend most of his wealth on poor and needy
Was one of the six companions appointed by Hazrat Umar to choose a khalifa among themselves
He passed away on 32 AH
why were they called the 10 blessed companions?

Reaction score
why were they called the 10 blessed companions?
Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:
AbdurRahman ibn al-Akhnas said that when he was in the mosque, a man mentioned Ali (may Allah be pleased with him). So Sa'id ibn Zayd got up and said: I bear witness to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) that I heard him say: Ten persons will go to Paradise: The Prophet (peace be upon him) will go to Paradise, AbuBakr will go to Paradise, Umar will go to Paradise, Uthman will go to Paradise, Ali will go to Paradise, Talhah will go to Paradise: az-Zubayr ibn al-Awwam will go to paradise, Sa'd ibn Malik will go to Paradise, and AbdurRahman ibn Awf will go to Paradise. If I wish, I can mention the tenth. The People asked: Who is he: So he kept silence. The again asked: Who is he: He replied: He is Sa'id ibn Zayd.
—Collected by Abu Dawood, Sunan Abu Dawood
Abdul Rahman bin `Awf said: The prophet (s) said: Abu Bakr in Paradise, Omar in Paradise, 'Uthman in Paradise, Ali in Paradise, Talha in Paradise, al- Zubair (bin al-'Awwam) in Paradise, AbdulRahman bin `Awf in Paradise, Saad (bin Abi Waqqass) in Paradise, Saeed (bin Zaid), and abu 'Ubaida bin al- Jarrah in Paradise."
—Tirmidhi

Reaction score
cux they were given the glad tidings in their life, ( mentioned 10 in some hadis, i ll look for it). that they will enter jannah
dont we have to add stuff like they were with the holy prophet all the time, faced persecution but remained by his side, fought again the enemies and stuff?
and because of their qualities as hazrat usman was tole about the tidings of paradise when he bought a well from the jews for the muslims.

Reaction score
dont we have to add stuff like they were with the holy prophet all the time, faced persecution but remained by his side, fought again the enemies and stuff?
and because of their qualities as hazrat usman was tole about the tidings of paradise when he bought a well from the jews for the muslims.
that too

Reaction score
Was one of the six companions appointed by Hazrat Umar to choose a khalifa among themselves
He passed away on 32 AH

it's confusing, sir khurram's notes say so about Hazrat Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah

Reaction score
Its written in Farkhanda Noor
and
He then appointedMuadh ibn Jabalas his successor and ordered him to lead people in prayers; after the prayers Muadh went to him and, at that moment, his soul departed.
Muadh got up and said to the people:
O people, you are stricken by the death of a man. By God, I don't know whether I have seen a man who had a more righteous heart, who was further from all evil and who was more sincere to people than he. Ask God to shower His mercy on him and God will be merciful to you.
He died in 639 C.E. and was buried at Jabiya. It has been narrated that his janaza was led by Muadh bin Jabal.

Maybe we are talking about two different muazs?

NIM

Reaction score
He passed away on 32 AH
Thnx dude...

Reaction score
and
He then appointedMuadh ibn Jabalas his successor and ordered him to lead people in prayers; after the prayers Muadh went to him and, at that moment, his soul departed.
Muadh got up and said to the people:
O people, you are stricken by the death of a man. By God, I don't know whether I have seen a man who had a more righteous heart, who was further from all evil and who was more sincere to people than he. Ask God to shower His mercy on him and God will be merciful to you.
He died in 639 C.E. and was buried at Jabiya. It has been narrated that his janaza was led by Muadh bin Jabal.

Maybe we are talking about two different muazs?

Source?