• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Discuss the most important features of the teachings in the Quran about the Messengers of Allah. (4)
-They are chosen by Allah Himself.
Never heard of this question, from where did u get this one?

Describe how the two main sources of legal Islamic thinking are related. (10)

-The 2 main sources of Islamic thinking are Quran and Hadith.
-The order is given in Quran but how to perform that duty is given in Hadith. Therefore they both are used together in Islamic legal thinking.
-Examples:
1)To give Zakkat is an order and given in quran but how much to give is given in Hadith.
2)To attend prayer is an order and given in quran but when to pray and how to pray is mentioned in Hadith.
3)To do fasting is an order and given in quran but when to do and how to do is mentioned in Hadith.
-Atleast one verse must be there.

What does the Prophet's first experience of revelation tells us about the nature of prophethood in Islam?(4)
-Allah has chosen best of the best people to become the messenger.
-Simply describe the qualities of prophets.

Correct me if i m wrong! :)

Thanks. And that question is from the past papers -_- (specimen 2009/p1/Q2)

Reaction score
Questions for today:
Q1)What was the agust offer?[4]
Q2)What was the 3rd June Plan?[4]
Q3)What was the Rawlatt Act?[4]

Reaction score
Questions for today:
Q2)What was the 3rd June Plan?[4]
Q3)What was the Rawlatt Act?[4]

Q1. I have no idea first time i heard of this :/
Q2. The 3rd june plan(also called the partition plan) was announced by Lord Mountbatten in june 1947 which stated that there would be two states, india and pakistan with dominion status. The muslim majority areas will be under pakistan and hindu majority areas would be under india. Each state would have an executive responsible to constituent assembly.
Q3. The rowlatt act were proposals given by a commitee set up in 1917 under justice rowlatt to investigate if there were revolutionary activity in india. These proposals stated that there should be arrest without warrant, detention without bail and the provincial government will order people where to live. These proposals had caused an uproar in india but the rowlatt act was still passed in 1919.

Reaction score
For today's night question :p

Q1)Explain the importance of the Pledges of the Aqabah to the Prophet in leading up to the migration?[4]

Q2)Why was his relationship with his wife Khadija important for him?[4]

Q3)Suggest the reasons why his relations with the Jewish tribes changed?[4]

Q1. This is because the after the pledges of aqabah, the idea of migrating to Yasrib(Madinah) was born. Also, the pledges of aqabah led to Islam being spread outside of Makkah. This is all I know
Q2. She was the first person to convert to Islam. Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) and Hazrat Khadija(RA) had two sons and four daughters, one of them was Hazrat Fatima who was the mother of Imam Hasan and Imam Hussain. Hazrat Khadija(RA) always stood by the Prophet(PBUH)'s side and would always comfort him when he would come home depressed and rejected by his own people.
Q3. When the Holy Prophet(PBUH)'s position grew in Madinah, the jews saw this as a threat to their own status and religion. Also, the jews were mainly money lenders and would charge heavy interests, Islam forbids charging of interests so the jews thought of this as a threat to their economy. Because of this they started working against the Holy Prophet (PBUH) by helping the enemies during the battles, started a campaign against him, and they even tried to murder him.

Reaction score

Q1)Explain the importance of the Pledges of the Aqabah to the Prophet in leading up to the migration?[4]

Oops Samia Saad beat me to this xD but I am posting the answers anyway

Ans1) The Pledges of Aqabah hold immense importance because it signified the turning point for Islam in the Arab world. It convinced the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and his beloved companions that the Pagan Makkah was not willing to compromise at all and they didn't want Islam to flourish as it meant to discard all the evil practices that they were involved. Besides Islam was spreading rapidly in Yasrib since new converts told about their faith to their friends and relatives Yasribites were very delightful to meet him and they needed a strong leader in their land which meant that the Prophet could easily preach his message and that his followers could be in peace .

And2) His relationship with Hazrat Khadija was important because she was a source of comfort and encouragement for Holy Prophet. In moments of extreme difficulties, she used to console her husband who was being persecuted and badly tortured at the hands of the Quraish. She also relieved him from financial worries and placed half of her wealth that was used in the cause of Islam as Holy Prophet is reported to have said that: "When no one believed me, Khadija (R.A) did. She made me a partner in her wealth." The Prophet remained busy in the preaching the message while she took care of her children and other affairs.

And3) His relations with the Jewish tribes changed as Samia Saad said that Banu Qainuqa were money lenders and they used to exploit the two tribes Aus and Khazraj by lending them money at high interest which Islam prohibits. The Jews also didn't accept Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh) as he was not from the line of Bani Israel. Their dream of ruling Madinah was also shattered. The hostility further increased when the Qiblah was changed from Jerusalem to Makkah. They were also furious at the growing power of Islam.

Reaction score
What is Tafsir(interpretation of the Quran)?
and is it included in the syllabus??

Q1)What is Tafsir(interpretation of the Quran)?
-It is the translation with explanation of it.
-It is written about the Quran deeply.
This is all that i know.
Never heard of it, i don't think it is included in the syllabus.

Reaction score
Q1)What is Tafsir(interpretation of the Quran)?
-It is the translation with explanation of it.
-It is written about the Quran deeply.
This is all that i know.
Never heard of it, i don't think it is included in the syllabus.

i hope it isn't -_-

Reaction score
I got the answer.
-In 1940 Lord Linlitgow offered Muslims to submit their demands incorporated in the next constitution drafted.
-She failed to assure the equal representation on the proposal "Defense council".
-Muslim league delegation was rejected.

Reaction score
Q3) what is the Cabinet mission plan?[4]
The three men delegation was sent to India in March 1946 and prepared a proposal to form an intermgovernment to govern India with a mandate to draft a constitution for India and decided upon whether there would be partition. The intermgovernment would be formed through the members of the central or legislative councils.

May be this is wrong copied from someone.
Correct me if i m wrong! :)

Reaction score
Few more questions:
Q1)Why did Gandhi-Jinnah Talks 1944 fail?[7]
Q2)Why did Ayub khan fall from power?[7]
Q3)What was objective resolution?[4]

Reaction score
Plz help me with these questions:

(c) ‘Bengal was partitioned in 1905 because of geographical factors.’ Do you agree?
Explain your answer.

(c) ‘The Muslim League was established in 1906 because the Hindus had their own
political party.’ Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer.

Reaction score
Few more questions:
Q1)Why did Gandhi-Jinnah Talks 1944 fail?[7]
Q2)Why did Ayub khan fall from power?[7]
Q3)What was objective resolution?[4]

Q1. Gandhi said partition plan would be discussed after the British left India but Jinnah knew he had to secure the partition before the British left.
Gandhi said he was representing the whole of India and Jinnah pointed out he was just a spokesman of Congress.
gandhi wanted the central government to have control over the key areas such as defence and foreign policies while jinnah wanted it in the hands of the provinces.
gandhi did not support the Two Nation Theory which had become the ML's official policy. due to all these reasons Gandhi-Jinnah talks failed.
Q2. Don't know the proper answer.
Q3.objective resolution was passed in 1949. It declared that sovereignty belongs to Allah, muslims would be able to live their lives according to the teaching of Holy Quran and Sunnah, all fundamental human rights should be guranteed.

Reaction score

(c) ‘Bengal was partitioned in 1905 because of geographical factors.’ Do you agree?
Explain your answer.

(c) ‘The Muslim League was established in 1906 because the Hindus had their own
political party.’ Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer.

Is the date given in the 1st question correct?

Q2)
-Congress was established to take care of the interests of Indian people which includes Muslims and Hindus
-After few years it was clearly seen that the Congress was only working for hindus.
-Therefore Jinnah held a conference in Lucknow(not confirmed) to make a separate party for Muslims.
-Then just have to describe the other reasons for the establishment of Muslim league with a paragraph on each point.
-At the end the evaluation sentence: For Example: According to my point of view i agree with the statement that The Muslim League was established in 1906 because the Hindus had their own political party. As u can clearly see the justification of this statement in the above answer.

Reaction score
Is the date given in the 1st question correct?

Q2)
-Congress was established to take care of the interests of Indian people which includes Muslims and Hindus
-After few years it was clearly seen that the Congress was only working for hindus.
-Therefore Jinnah held a conference in Lucknow(not confirmed) to make a separate party for Muslims.
-Then just have to describe the other reasons for the establishment of Muslim league with a paragraph on each point.
-At the end the evaluation sentence: For Example: According to my point of view i agree with the statement that The Muslim League was established in 1906 because the Hindus had their own political party. As u can clearly see the justification of this statement in the above answer.
Thanx.... the date is correct in the 1st question.. this is a question from june 06 ppr!!! :D

Reaction score

Explain your answer.

Bengal was partitioned because:
It was difficult to administrate
It was a huge province with a population 10 times greater than Britain
It had its own laws and courts, and resources.

That's all i know

Reaction score
can any1 plz help me ans the following question.
Why did Musharraf come to power in 1999?
  • Lawlessness in the country
  • Nawaz attempt to Remove musharraf
  • Kargil issue and all blame on army
  • People thought that army rule is better than Democracy
  • Corruption Charges
  • Judiciary independence was unguarded
  • Crime rate,Drugs and Arms Too much
  • Politicians in Scandal like cooperative one
  • Economic growth Standstill
  • Foreign countries saw Pak as a Failure state
  • Central Bank faced Bankruptcy

Reaction score

• Answrr 1 would be that The Islam was Starting to flourish
  • Aqabah People took oath to protect Prophet from enemy
  • Cux of Aqabah People of Madinah got to knw about Prophet and invited him there to preach Islam
  • Answer2 She was a source of Inspiration and Guidance
  • She took all the financial burden of Prophet so that he can Preach Islam without any worry
  • She was the First one to Believe on Him
  • She Was the one who console Prophet In times of Hard ship
  • she Was the one who took her to Warqah Bin Naufal who explain Prophet the Whole event that happen with him in and cux of Hazrat Khadija Prophet got to Clear his Doubts and Was.
  • She was From Banu Naufal Tribe so After The Abu Talib Death The Banu Hashim Leaader Abu Jahal Refuse to give protection to prophet so Banu Naufal Tribe( Khadija Tribe) extended protection to prophet
  • Give one quotation about the ' She was the one who belive in me when others refuse and Console me and remove my Financial Burden " I dont remeber the exact words but I did my best
  • Another" Khadija Love is given to me By allah' Means allah Help Prophet in the form of Khadija
  • From khadija Prophet had 5 Childrens and from his daughter Fatimah His Descendant Flourish. ( Include this point in the end)
  • Answer3 Jewish try ed to kill Prophet
  • They Revolt against islam
  • Took part in Khyber and Uhad Battle and fought against Muslims
  • They Provoke people of makkah (Quraish ) To fight with Madina
This Is all I know About Ans3 . :)