• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey sorry, the compilation of hazrat zaid was changed into a book form during the time of hazrat usman as the mark scheme says:

The collected parts stayed in the possession of Abu Bakr. When he died, ‘Umar had them
and after his death, they remained with Umar’s daughter, Hafsah. It was this collection that
was used by the Caliph ‘Uthman to compile them into one book which was sent around the
various parts of the expanding Muslim world. Candidates should relate this story with details
of what happened during ‘Uthman’s time for him to order the distribution of the Qur’an.

You do need to write about the compilation during hazrat usman's time
Ok, that perfect

Reaction score
For Question 1, make notes and try to learn them by heart.
For Question 2, paper 1 :
  1. From the Quranic passages you have studies descride the relation of Allah with His messengers. [10]
  2. From the Quranic passages you have studies descride the relation of Allah with His created world. [10]
  3. Describe the way in which the holy Quran was revealed to the Holy Prophet SAW [10]
  4. Discuss the way in which the people of Makkah responded to these revelations [10]
  5. Describe how this affected the early people [4]
  6. Describe the way in which it was compiled into a book form during the time of Hazrat Abu Bakr RA and Hazrat Usman RA [10]
  7. Importance of Hazrat Hafsa and Hazrat Zayd in the compilation of Quran [4]
  8. Why was it necessary to compile it in a book form [4]
  9. Identify and explain the importace of Quran in Islamic legal thinking [10]
  10. Main sources of Islamic Legal thinking [10]
  11. describe how these sources are connected [10]
  12. Use of Ijma and Qiyas in legal thinking [10]
  13. Why is qiyas rejected by some [4]
  14. How are the Quran, hadith, ijma and qiyas connected [10]

If you need answers for any of these Question, I can provide you with them. My teacher gave these questions to us and he told us that if we are able to solve these, we can easily answer any question that comes in question 2. I don't have many [4] mark question, but hope these help you. :)

Yes , if you can please do post their answers too.

Reaction score
Q1. Describe the role of Ansar and Muhajireen in the development of Islam [10]

I'm not sure about the complete answer but I guess this questions requires points like because of it, the Muslims now should help each other and look at the example they have set, if it weren't for them, no one would help each other in bad times and there would be no unity amongst the Muslims and Islam wouldn't have a firm base..

Well first you may give a small introduction of how the brotherhood was formed between ansars and muhajireen then you will tell about their services to Islam in it's development . For example ; the approval of ansars to happily accept muhajirren as their brothers,sharing of property into half for their muhajireen brother and even sharing their business with their helpless brothers , then , their provision of protection to Holy Prophet (PBUH) and their refusal to hand over the Prophet (PBUH) to Quraish when the Quraish asked the Ansars to and over the Prophet ( PBUH ) to them or to kill him along with other Muslims and also participating in the Battle of Badr when the Muslim were in complete minority. Also the ending of enmity between the Aus and Khazraj Tribe for the sake of Islam and happily accepting of Prophet(PBUH) as the Leader of the State by the local people can also be mentioned here.

Now coming to Muhajireen , their services are accepting Islam when it was at it's very beggining and supporting Holy Prophet (PBUH) on his every order , patiently bearing the persecutions of Quraish and reamaining steadfast in their religion , for example : persecution on Slaves and poor and bycott of Banu Hashim can be mention here as the persecutions by the Quraish on the early Muslims , then their never disobeying Holy Prophet (PBUH) and accepting his every order with the hope that the order of Holy Prophet (PBUH) is sure to have a beneficial outcome,then,their migration to Abyssinia for the sake of Islam and later on to Madinah leaving behind all their belongings and possessions and in some cases even families for the sake of Islam and for fulfilling the order of Holy Prophet (PBUH) . Then, their great role in participating in the battle of Badr.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, these are all the points that can be added in this order. I have over here just mentioned the points to quickly give a brief guide of what to write you can by reading these points in detail thorugh some book or yourself explaining these all points in paragraph forms and in their specific orders in accordance with the sequence of these incidents can produce a very well answer and this what you have to write in this answer and i hope by writing this answer including the all points above , explained in a perfect style, you can score 10/10 in this Question.

If you need further help please do let me know i would be glad to help.

Reaction score
Q)Identify and explain the importance of Quran in Islamic legal thinking [10]

Can anyone gave me the idea what to write in this Q and its manner.

Reaction score
you should you use ghulam shabir for this question but only take small verses cos the space is limited now, also David Thomas book explains it very well

Reaction score
I need its answer too but maybe i can produce it's very good answer just give me a day or two and i will mail you the answer.
Well very simple, int his question you will tell that after the Battle against Musailma during the reign of Hazrat Abu Bakr (R.A) , many hufaaz were killed in the battle as a result of which Hazrat Umar (R.A) realised that the people who had learned Quran by heart would gradually depart from the world owing to natural death r due to martyrdom so it was necessary to compile the Quran or else it would meet the same fate as the previous books . He therefore asked Hazrat Abu Bakr for the compilation of Quran at first Hazrat Abu Bakr refused to dop so but later after some presuation he agreed to do so. Hazrat AbuBakr (R.A) apointed Hazrat Zaib bin Sabit with this task he along with some other hufaaz collected the verses of Quran from the leaves , bones of animals , rocks , Date Palms , leather and from the companions who had learned it by heart. Although Hazrat Zaid knew Quran by heart he yet preferred to at first find a written copy of the verse of Holy Quran to mantain it's auhtenticity . After the Quran was compiled it was read aloud in Masjid -e-Nabwi and checked thrice to make sure there was no flaw in it .

In this way Quran came to be formed in a book form. Then this copy of Quran passed through the hands of Hazrat ABu BAkr, Umar and then finally came into the possession of Hazrat Hafsa (R.A) due to which it came to be known as the Mashaf-ul-Hafsa.

According to me i dont think that the compilation during the time of Hazrat Usman is necessary as they only asked about how it came into a book form and not it's various compilations in the early Islamic Period.

Reaction score
Compilation during the time of Hazrat Utman:
During the Hazrat Uthman caliphate, new converts of Syria and Iraq were not following dialect in which Quran was revealed that is Qurayshites`s dialect. So hazrat Uthman acquired the copy of Quran and send it to every capital of the islamic empire,
I also don`t think that it was came into a book form during Uthman`s caliphate,

Reaction score
th
Well first you may give a small introduction of how the brotherhood was formed between ansars and muhajireen then you will tell about their services to Islam in it's development . For example ; the approval of ansars to happily accept muhajirren as their brothers,sharing of property into half for their muhajireen brother and even sharing their business with their helpless brothers , then , their provision of protection to Holy Prophet (PBUH) and their refusal to hand over the Prophet (PBUH) to Quraish when the Quraish asked the Ansars to and over the Prophet ( PBUH ) to them or to kill him along with other Muslims and also participating in the Battle of Badr when the Muslim were in complete minority. Also the ending of enmity between the Aus and Khazraj Tribe for the sake of Islam and happily accepting of Prophet(PBUH) as the Leader of the State by the local people can also be mentioned here.

Now coming to Muhajireen , their services are accepting Islam when it was at it's very beggining and supporting Holy Prophet (PBUH) on his every order , patiently bearing the persecutions of Quraish and reamaining steadfast in their religion , for example : persecution on Slaves and poor and bycott of Banu Hashim can be mention here as the persecutions by the Quraish on the early Muslims , then their never disobeying Holy Prophet (PBUH) and accepting his every order with the hope that the order of Holy Prophet (PBUH) is sure to have a beneficial outcome,then,their migration to Abyssinia for the sake of Islam and later on to Madinah leaving behind all their belongings and possessions and in some cases even families for the sake of Islam and for fulfilling the order of Holy Prophet (PBUH) . Then, their great role in participating in the battle of Badr.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, these are all the points that can be added in this order. I have over here just mentioned the points to quickly give a brief guide of what to write you can by reading these points in detail thorugh some book or yourself explaining these all points in paragraph forms and in their specific orders in accordance with the sequence of these incidents can produce a very well answer and this what you have to write in this answer and i hope by writing this answer including the all points above , explained in a perfect style, you can score 10/10 in this Question.

If you need further help please do let me know i would be glad to help.
thank you very much .. I've made a message to you .. do reply me :)

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get Redspot Past Papers online, please it will be really helpful. (I already have redspot past papers for Islamiyat till 2009 but I need of 2010 and 2011)
And If you are unable to find them, can you answer this question from May/June 2010 Paper 1?

(a) briefly describe the main theme(s) in each passage
(b) briefly explain how each passage presents its theme(s) in a distinctive way.

i) Surah An'aam (6: 101-103)