• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hello :)
i had to ask is it better to give the exams altogether in one session or in parts as 3 subjects in november and 5 in june??
most probably im going to take cie exams in november 2012 inshAllah of pakistan studies, islamiyat and urdu.
can anyone please help me with how much time it took you guys to prepare for these 3 subjects? i just need an experienced person to tell me this. :)
and whether i should study from past papers or only the book?

The subject part its up to you but most of the best schools of A levels say that u give at least 7 subs in one go so decide accordingly !

For the preparation well it depends on how u prepare if u are a type of a person who can sit easily with one subject for 3 to 4 hours at a stretch without any problems then you can easily finish it in about 3 months or about 3.5 months otherwise if you are not like this and u suffer the concentration problem like most then it may be greater then 3 months but definitely it will take 3 months (and more) for doing everything (past papers,book reading and Ers) .

For me it took me about 4 months to prepare for these three subs but in between i had tonnes of school exams like everyone so u can say most of the day went to waste like this and definitely this was a reason i got only an A in Pak studies :( But on the brighter side i got an A* in Islamiat , the thing that helped me most was that i had read section 2 so many times in school that i had kind of memorized it so it really helped me out when preparing for the exams because i breezed past the section 2 in History :D
For studying from Past Papers only i would say that you have so much time at the moment and using this way of preparing is only suited when times up :D so study first from book give the book atleast 3 or 4 whole revisions that is by using the syllabus key points and then make sure u leave at least two months in the end for the past papers,(one of my problems was that i had less then a month to do my past papers and it was like just forcing myself to do them and trying to rid myself of them ) so dont repeat this and plan wisely ! I would say keep atleast one month in the reserve and say that if your exam begins in October then all your preparation should finish by August,because you know most of us have this ability to just linger our work to the next day and are mostly influenced by our friends who when they will hear you preparing so early for exams would say things which would make you think you are mad that you are preparing for the exams so early and you will mostly stop so that one month will no doubt help :D another thing to add is that after completing the course and starting the papers at the end of each paper when u check the answer also read the examiner reports on that paper you will see it will help you greatly !

Now i know i said so many things here but this is just an advice and up to you to decide if u want to go by it or distill it and use it :p

Reaction score
The subject part its up to you but most of the best schools of A levels say that u give at least 7 subs in one go so decide accordingly !

For the preparation well it depends on how u prepare if u are a type of a person who can sit easily with one subject for 3 to 4 hours at a stretch without any problems then you can easily finish it in about 3 months or about 3.5 months otherwise if you are not like this and u suffer the concentration problem like most then it may be greater then 3 months but definitely it will take 3 months (and more) for doing everything (past papers,book reading and Ers) .

For me it took me about 4 months to prepare for these three subs but in between i had tonnes of school exams like everyone so u can say most of the day went to waste like this and definitely this was a reason i got only an A in Pak studies :( But on the brighter side i got an A* in Islamiat , the thing that helped me most was that i had read section 2 so many times in school that i had kind of memorized it so it really helped me out when preparing for the exams because i breezed past the section 2 in History :D
For studying from Past Papers only i would say that you have so much time at the moment and using this way of preparing is only suited when times up :D so study first from book give the book atleast 3 or 4 whole revisions that is by using the syllabus key points and then make sure u leave at least two months in the end for the past papers,(one of my problems was that i had less then a month to do my past papers and it was like just forcing myself to do them and trying to rid myself of them ) so dont repeat this and plan wisely ! I would say keep atleast one month in the reserve and say that if your exam begins in October then all your preparation should finish by August,because you know most of us have this ability to just linger our work to the next day and are mostly influenced by our friends who when they will hear you preparing so early for exams would say things which would make you think you are mad that you are preparing for the exams so early and you will mostly stop so that one month will no doubt help :D another thing to add is that after completing the course and starting the papers at the end of each paper when u check the answer also read the examiner reports on that paper you will see it will help you greatly !

Now i know i said so many things here but this is just an advice and up to you to decide if u want to go by it or distill it and use it :p

well you see, i have got summer vacations now, and my school will start in September! so Ive got plenty of time at home! and i can study for about 8 or 9 hours a day for two subjects (i dont wanna get bored to death by studying one subject only :p ). And as i have been going through the past papers of islamiyat and pakistan studies from the last two years, i've, u can say, memorized them!!!!!!
the book reading is quite a bit of a headache for me :( but i'll surely be able to do it in about a week or two with revising them every weekend.
AND YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL U GOT AN A IN PAK STUDIES!!!!!!
and thank you very much for your help! i really appreciate it! :)

Reaction score
well you see, i have got summer vacations now, and my school will start in September! so Ive got plenty of time at home! and i can study for about 8 or 9 hours a day for two subjects (i dont wanna get bored to death by studying one subject only :p ). And as i have been going through the past papers of islamiyat and pakistan studies from the last two years, i've, u can say, memorized them!!!!!!
the book reading is quite a bit of a headache for me :( but i'll surely be able to do it in about a week or two with revising them every weekend.
AND YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL U GOT AN A IN PAK STUDIES!!!!!!
and thank you very much for your help! i really appreciate it! :)

No problem,but what past papers do u have u are using red spot right dont like completely rely upon them because they have instances where they go absolutely ballistic and give wrong answers this is rare but always the pattern in which they give the answers is always kind of wrong but make sure that u see the points it has written in the past papers because they are mostly very different from the book this helps you because there is a big possibility that the examiners when they check the papers they get tired of one point from the book coming again and again and knowing a unique point makes u stand out from others and take the marks thats one thing that i messed up in my time :) I guess you are not skipping section 3 right and dont even think of leaving it its questions are more easier :p

Reaction score
No problem,but what past papers do u have u are using red spot right dont like completely rely upon them because they have instances where they go absolutely ballistic and give wrong answers this is rare but always the pattern in which they give the answers is always kind of wrong but make sure that u see the points it has written in the past papers because they are mostly very different from the book this helps you because there is a big possibility that the examiners when they check the papers they get tired of one point from the book coming again and again and knowing a unique point makes u stand out from others and take the marks thats one thing that i messed up in my time :) I guess you are not skipping section 3 right and dont even think of leaving it its questions are more easier :p

yes im studying from redspot! and no im not leaving section 3 that because my teacher told me that we'll be given 2 questions from that section :/
and i dont think the questions are easier! :O or are they? :/

Reaction score
yes im studying from redspot! and no im not leaving section 3 that because my teacher told me that we'll be given 2 questions from that section :/
and i dont think the questions are easier! :O or are they? :/

to tell you abt section 3 yes there questions are more easier than 2 as CIE knows that most leave section 3 out and do 1 and 2 only so the questions for these two sections are very complicated and difficult than section 3 which is straightforward . :D so they are easy ! You are reading the book too, right or is it just redspot ??

Reaction score
guys, i am probably giving the 3 subjects in october... i have to start preparing, haven't started yet. Please help me prepare for these upcoming exams, it will be greatly appreciated! where should i consult the content of the syllabus and should i prepare from notes i find on the net or something? the past papers, ms's and er's are compulsory right, if i want to get straight A/A*'s?

Reaction score
to tell you abt section 3 yes there questions are more easier than 2 as CIE knows that most leave section 3 out and do 1 and 2 only so the questions for these two sections are very complicated and difficult than section 3 which is straightforward . :D so they are easy ! You are reading the book too, right or is it just redspot ??
no, not only the past papers, i'll give some time to reading books! :D and can u plz tell me did u use fnm's book for islamiyat?? i've got iftikharul haq's and yasmin malik's too, which is the best one?

Reaction score
well i used FNM yup but i used also this very handy book Mastering O Levels u can get an E copy of this by searching on google and it will help you on topics like Jihad and all others :D
Btw i think u live in Lahore or somewhere close to there as Iftikharul haqs books im pretty sure are not available in my place so i dont know bte Yasmeen Maliks book is good but its really irrelevant as it has not been edited after the syllabus changed but make sure you go through its rights of human beings part its given there quite clearly :D

Reaction score
well i used FNM yup but i used also this very handy book Mastering O Levels u can get an E copy of this by searching on google and it will help you on topics like Jihad and all others :D
Btw i think u live in Lahore or somewhere close to there as Iftikharul haqs books im pretty sure are not available in my place so i dont know bte Yasmeen Maliks book is good but its really irrelevant as it has not been edited after the syllabus changed but make sure you go through its rights of human beings part its given there quite clearly :D
i live in rawalpindi and they're available here. and ahan okay thanks!
and which book is the best for surahs and ahadith??

Reaction score
i live in rawalpindi and they're available here. and ahan okay thanks!
and which book is the best for surahs and ahadith??

well i think the surahs questions b part has changed so there aint any book which would guide u for the new pattern but for the old pattern i have some pages of a book which is really handy in Surahs part only :D While for Hadiths use FNM and combine with Mastering O Levels and others to make your own answers i did that :p

heres the link to the surahs !
http://www.mediafire.com/?dnnrybj7ns9nr3i
Try it out u will have to download it and then use Win rar or Win zip to open them up !

Reaction score
In Urdu B , when you're writing the summary do you only include the hints/"isharay" given at the end or can you include other details as well? What exactly is the correct way to answer to compositions.Do we repeat the statement or not?And are the words such as "ka" "ki" "ko" counted? Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
SALAM
I have some doubts in the follywing questions given by my teacher as an assignment:
1. Migration to Abbysinia led to migration of Madinah_ Discuss?
2. Comment on the importance of the following personalities during the life of Holy prophet :
a. Abu Sufyan
b. Bilal
c. Warqa Bin Nawafil

Reaction score
If any compilation can i plzzzz get the 4,7,14 marks questions about the the early poitical history of Pakistan(1947-1956):)

Reaction score
SALAM
I have some doubts in the follywing questions given by my teacher as an assignment:
2. Comment on the importance of the following personalities during the life of Holy prophet :
a. Abu Sufyan
b. Bilal
c. Warqa Bin Nawafil
No response by any one:(

Reaction score
SALAM
a. Abu Sufyan
b. Bilal
c. Warqa Bin Nawafil

1) migration to Abyssinia was an important event in history of Islam since it was the first migration made by muslims for the cause of Islam. (then u can describe the causes for this migration which were persecutions and can give reference of how muslims were persecuted by pagans, but not too much details)......then u can give some reasons that led to migration to madina (these should be well explained and the bycott, taif incident and pledges are too be explained well....then u can add ur final conclusion that it was the second and important migration and the migration to Abyssinia somehow led to migration to Madina...(support this with some points)

2)
Abu sufyan:
• He was a merchant and one of the leaders of Mecca.
• He became one of the Prophet’s main opponents.
• The Battle of Badr was fought over his caravan.
• He led the Meccan army at the Battle of Uhud.
• After much resistance to the Prophet he finally reached an agreement with him and
became a Muslim.
• Meccans who gathered in his house when the Prophet entered the town were
guaranteed safety.

Bilal:
• He was a slave who became one of the first Muslims.
• He was tortured mercilessly but never gave up his faith. [1 mark, but 2 marks for full
details of his conduct under torture]
• He was appointed as the first muezzin in Islam.

Warqa bin naufil:
  • he was the man who told Prophet about the previous prophets that how revelations came to them and told him about his prophetic mission
  • he was the cousin of Hazrat khadija and the person to whom Prophet (pbuh) went with Hazrat Khadija
  • he was a christian scholar

Reaction score
Why did
the East India Company

become involved in the Indian sub-

continent?
guys plz post itxz answer

- India was rich in spices and their culture and Bengal was the richest province.
- EAC was there and when the situation in India worsened they had to take action cox it was affecting their trade.
- British saw India as a very good place to include in their kingdom they didnt want the france or the portugeese to take India under them this may also affect british trade so they decided to take action themselves.

Reaction score
Why did

the East India Company

become involved in the Indian sub-

continent?

guys plz post itxz answer

1. They wanted to extradite the Dutch and Portuguese in the region, who were the major trading rivals.
2. They saw the wealth and natural resources of India (name a few for an impression of better knowledge) as their means to a very profitable future, particularly since India was both a source of raw materials and an alternate market at the same time.
3. They wanted a warm water port to protect their trading interests in the region.