• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
How important is it to use reference quotes from the Hadith and Quran while answering questions and is it important to post the reference quotes after writing a Quranic verse?

Reaction score
How important is it to use reference quotes from the Hadith and Quran while answering questions and is it important to post the reference quotes after writing a Quranic verse?
IT is required to give suitable Quranic or Hadith references to support your answer but for the caliphs sections , no hadith/reference is needed but for most of the answers like articles of faith, pillars of Islam and the life of the Holy Prophet(SAW) do require quotes u can write 2 and maybe if u can writing more is better and reference quotes after the verse are not necessary although it is preferred if u can't remember just write -Al Quran or the Surah's name if you remember but it must be correct.

Reaction score
bss.krdo ywr..i am sir ja student ..at wahaj hussain..nd got both history and geography notes for just rs 1000..

Reaction score
Guyz I will be glad if anyone can review and mark my answer, I will be Damn Happy to see how I stand!

It is Q3 from MJ 2012

1. Read the source below carefully to answer question (a)

Allama Iqbal was a politician who believed in the need for Muslims to struggle for the establishment of a separate country for themselves. He believed that Hindus and Muslims were two nations who should have separate states. Chaudri Rehmat Ali also rose to prominence at this time.

(a) Who was Chaudhry Rehmat Ali [4]

(b) Why the Cripps Mission of 1942 failed [7]

(c) ‘The main reason why Congress rule (1937–1939) was so hated was because of the introduction of the Wardha Scheme.’ Do you agree? Explain your answer [14]

(a) Chaudhry Rehmat Ali was born in 1895. He studied in Govt. College Lahore, and Practiced Law in England. He also attended Round-Table Conference in 1929-1932. Since 1930s his point of view was sovereign homeland for Muslims of the ‘British-India’, which was quite advanced point at that time, even Jinnah were not ready for that. In 1933, Chaudhry Rehmat Ali wrote pamphlet ‘Now or Never’, which also is credited for containing the name ‘Pakistan’.

(b) An attempt by British Govt. to take the support of Indians in World War II was shown in form of Cripps Mission in 1942.British Govt. realized they need to protect minority interests. It can be seen that British were ready to make concessions as the mission proposed after world war new constitution would be created by constituent Assembly, for which elections would be held immediately after the War. After war “Indian Union” would be set up, from which there is option to opt out as Independent State. However, this was not quite enough for either Muslims League or Congress. Congress rejected Cripps Mission and demanded full Independence. While Muslim League reject because it contained no reference to ‘Establishment of Pakistan’. It is interesting to see that, however, it contained option to opt out of Indian Union. Gandhi called it ‘Post-Dated Cheque on failing bank’. So, it was quite failing.

(c) After the 1937 election, Congress rose as rulers in British-India. The rule of Congress [1937-39] was so hated that it was known as ‘Congress Tyranny’ among most Muslims. One of the reasons it was called tyranny was Wardha Scheme, which was education scheme, stated, no reference to religious studies in Schools. It also included spinning cotton by Hand and bow the picture of Gandhi, before everyday school starts by every student. Which feared Muslims that it is the attempt to change Muslim kids from religion to Hinduism. Which resulted as anger and demonstrations of Muslims.

However, it is not the only fact that contributes to such resentment of Muslims. Muslims were stopped and irritated during their religious practices by Hindus. Songs were played in loud voice during pray time, they were not allowed to eat cows/beef. And they were given harsh punishments if the slaughter cows.

Not only this, schemes such as Bande Matram was to be sing before everyday assembly start. This caused serious resentment to Muslims. Not only because it was Hindi, also because it was quite threat to Islamic Religion. The Muslims showed serious demonstration all over the country. However, it was not until 1939 when Congress resigned, Muslims celebrated it under the name of ‘Day of Deliverance’.

It can be seen that Wardha Scheme was huge resentment to Muslims, however it was not only factory that contributed to the ‘Congress Tyranny”

thanks in Advance
Asad

Reaction score
Guyz I will be glad if anyone can review and mark my answer, I will be Damn Happy to see how I stand!

It is Q3 from MJ 2012

1. Read the source below carefully to answer question (a)

Allama Iqbal was a politician who believed in the need for Muslims to struggle for the establishment of a separate country for themselves. He believed that Hindus and Muslims were two nations who should have separate states. Chaudri Rehmat Ali also rose to prominence at this time.

(a) Who was Chaudhry Rehmat Ali [4]

(b) Why the Cripps Mission of 1942 failed [7]

(c) ‘The main reason why Congress rule (1937–1939) was so hated was because of the introduction of the Wardha Scheme.’ Do you agree? Explain your answer [14]

(a) Chaudhry Rehmat Ali was born in 1895. He studied in Govt. College Lahore, and Practiced Law in England. He also attended Round-Table Conference in 1929-1932. Since 1930s his point of view was sovereign homeland for Muslims of the ‘British-India’, which was quite advanced point at that time, even Jinnah were not ready for that. In 1933, Chaudhry Rehmat Ali wrote pamphlet ‘Now or Never’, which also is credited for containing the name ‘Pakistan’.

(b) An attempt by British Govt. to take the support of Indians in World War II was shown in form of Cripps Mission in 1942.British Govt. realized they need to protect minority interests. It can be seen that British were ready to make concessions as the mission proposed after world war new constitution would be created by constituent Assembly, for which elections would be held immediately after the War. After war “Indian Union” would be set up, from which there is option to opt out as Independent State. However, this was not quite enough for either Muslims League or Congress. Congress rejected Cripps Mission and demanded full Independence. While Muslim League reject because it contained no reference to ‘Establishment of Pakistan’. It is interesting to see that, however, it contained option to opt out of Indian Union. Gandhi called it ‘Post-Dated Cheque on failing bank’. So, it was quite failing.

(c) After the 1937 election, Congress rose as rulers in British-India. The rule of Congress [1937-39] was so hated that it was known as ‘Congress Tyranny’ among most Muslims. One of the reasons it was called tyranny was Wardha Scheme, which was education scheme, stated, no reference to religious studies in Schools. It also included spinning cotton by Hand and bow the picture of Gandhi, before everyday school starts by every student. Which feared Muslims that it is the attempt to change Muslim kids from religion to Hinduism. Which resulted as anger and demonstrations of Muslims.

However, it is not the only fact that contributes to such resentment of Muslims. Muslims were stopped and irritated during their religious practices by Hindus. Songs were played in loud voice during pray time, they were not allowed to eat cows/beef. And they were given harsh punishments if the slaughter cows.

Not only this, schemes such as Bande Matram was to be sing before everyday assembly start. This caused serious resentment to Muslims. Not only because it was Hindi, also because it was quite threat to Islamic Religion. The Muslims showed serious demonstration all over the country. However, it was not until 1939 when Congress resigned, Muslims celebrated it under the name of ‘Day of Deliverance’.

It can be seen that Wardha Scheme was huge resentment to Muslims, however it was not only factory that contributed to the ‘Congress Tyranny”

thanks in Advance
Asad

A part is very good it will probably get you 4 marks.

B part you will get around 3 or 4 marks, you explained the background more than the actual reasons which were
i)Congress rejection because it wanted complete independence.
ii)League rejection due to it now calling for a separate homeland.
iii)The British efforts came too late, since now the major parties wanted complete independence and an end to British rule.

Give a statement in each paragraph, and then elaborate on it. The way you have currently attempted is wrong try and write at least 3 reasons/paragraphs and if you can write 4 than that is even better as if one of them is wrong you will get marks for the other one.

C part adoes not contain enough points, try to write a reason in one sentence at the start of the paragraph, then elaborate on the reason you gave in each paragraph. You should look to write at least 7 reasons/paragraphs and if you can write 8 then that is even better. It will probably get you 6/8 marks.

These are the reasons you should have mentioned:
i) Basic education schemes.
ii) Playing of bande mataram becoming compulsory.
iii) Ban on eating cow meat and punishments for slaughtering cows.
iv) Congress flag being hoisted alongside the British flag, portraying them as a power equal to the British.
v) Noisy processions outside mosques at the time of prayer, pigs also being pushed inside mosques.
vi) Communal rioting b/w Hindu's and Muslims in which the Muslims were always held accountable.
vii) Refusal to form a coaltion government with the League in any of the provinces.
viii) Treatment of Muslims as second class citizens.

Now try to give a reason in a separate paragraph like this:

"The playing of Bande Mataram was made compulsory before the start of official proceedings everyday in the provincial assemblies. This was not an Official Congress policy. The Bande Mataram was a Hindu Nationalist song, in which the Hindus were encouraged to expel Muslims from Hindustan. This worried and offended the Muslims"

Reaction score
A part is very good it will probably get you 4 marks.

B part you will get around 3 or 4 marks, you explained the background more than the actual reasons which were
i)Congress rejection because it wanted complete independence.
ii)League rejection due to it now calling for a separate homeland.
iii)The British efforts came too late, since now the major parties wanted complete independence and an end to British rule.

Give a statement in each paragraph, and then elaborate on it. The way you have currently attempted is wrong try and write at least 3 reasons/paragraphs and if you can write 4 than that is even better as if one of them is wrong you will get marks for the other one.

C part adoes not contain enough points, try to write a reason in one sentence at the start of the paragraph, then elaborate on the reason you gave in each paragraph. You should look to write at least 7 reasons/paragraphs and if you can write 8 then that is even better. It will probably get you 6/8 marks.

These are the reasons you should have mentioned:
i) Basic education schemes.
ii) Playing of bande mataram becoming compulsory.
iii) Ban on eating cow meat and punishments for slaughtering cows.
iv) Congress flag being hoisted alongside the British flag, portraying them as a power equal to the British.
v) Noisy processions outside mosques at the time of prayer, pigs also being pushed inside mosques.
vi) Communal rioting b/w Hindu's and Muslims in which the Muslims were always held accountable.
vii) Refusal to form a coaltion government with the League in any of the provinces.
viii) Treatment of Muslims as second class citizens.

Now try to give a reason in a separate paragraph like this:

"The playing of Bande Mataram was made compulsory before the start of official proceedings everyday in the provincial assemblies. This was not an Official Congress policy. The Bande Mataram was a Hindu Nationalist song, in which the Hindus were encouraged to expel Muslims from Hindustan. This worried and offended the Muslims"
Thanks Bro!

Reaction score
But my teacher said that we have to write atleast 4-5 reasons and elaborae them ,so can u solve my quesry ??
Sir , also tell me how to write the evaluation statement in 14 mark question ?

Reaction score
But my teacher said that we have to write atleast 4-5 reasons and elaborae them ,so can u solve my quesry ??
Sir , also tell me how to write the evaluation statement in 14 mark question ?

Firstly i am not a Sir, i am also giving my Pak. Studies exam this year in May. Well different teachers say different things, in the end you just choose what works best for you. I don't think though that 4/5 reasons are enough in a 14 mark question, a simple plain reason gets you 1 mark like "The singing of Bande Mataram before the start of official proceedings in provincial assemblies offended the Muslims" this is a simplistic statement, 1 of these statements will get you 1 mark, whereas if this is explained it will get you 2 marks.

Hence it is said that 7 reasons + explanation will get you 7x2 = 14 marks. That is though if you get each of them right, so it is best to write 8 just to be safe.

Well in an evaluation statement you have to evaluate, it's as simple as that. Different people have different ways of writing a conclusion i like to give a statement and then contrast it. Like " Thus it can be concluded that the Marathan spread of power was an important reason for the decline of the Mughal empire, But the lack of capable successors was the most important reason that led to the decline of the empire" That is though only if i am disagreeing with the statement in the question, if i agree with them i would write " Thus i can adequately be said that despite there being numerous important reasons, the Marathan spread of power was indeed the most important reason for the decline of the Mughal Empire".

Do note that i am just a student and this is just my opinion it is not necessary for you to attempt it exactly the way i do it, you can also do it the way you want it as this is just my opinion.

Reaction score
Firstly i am not a Sir, i am also giving my Pak. Studies exam this year in May. Well different teachers say different things, in the end you just choose what works best for you. I don't think though that 4/5 reasons are enough in a 14 mark question, a simple plain reason gets you 1 mark like "The singing of Bande Mataram before the start of official proceedings in provincial assemblies offended the Muslims" this is a simplistic statement, 1 of these statements will get you 1 mark, whereas if this is explained it will get you 2 marks.

Hence it is said that 7 reasons + explanation will get you 7x2 = 14 marks. That is though if you get each of them right, so it is best to write 8 just to be safe.

Well in an evaluation statement you have to evaluate, it's as simple as that. Different people have different ways of writing a conclusion i like to give a statement and then contrast it. Like " Thus it can be concluded that the Marathan spread of power was an important reason for the decline of the Mughal empire, But the lack of capable successors was the most important reason that led to the decline of the empire" That is though only if i am disagreeing with the statement in the question, if i agree with them i would write " Thus i can adequately be said that despite there being numerous important reasons, the Marathan spread of power was indeed the most important reason for the decline of the Mughal Empire".

Do note that i am just a student and this is just my opinion it is not necessary for you to attempt it exactly the way i do it, you can also do it the way you want it as this is just my opinion.
Thanks bro !!

Reaction score
Help needed!!
Do we have to learn the evolution of languages in history .

Well so far i have not come across a question asking us to tell about the evolution of languages in the past papers, they have only asked about their promotion post 1947.

Reaction score
Can someone help me with these questions?? :).....

1. What major events made the caliphate of Hazart Umar (R.A) important in Islamic history?
2.Write an account on the life history of Hazrat Hafsa (R.A)
3. Write an account on the life history of Hazrat Umm-e-Salmah R.A.
4.Write an account on the life history of Hazrat Safiya (R.A)
5. Write an account on the importance of believe in Revealed Books for Muslims.
6.Write an account on the importance of believe in Angels for Muslims.

Jazak Allah.