• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah it did help me. Thanks. Can you tell me that is the following format for writing a 14 marks Qs correct?
level 1: simplistic statement.
level 2: identify 5 reasons.
level 3: explain the first reason that i have identified in level 2.
level 4: explain the next 2 points after the first one that i have identified in level 2.
level 5: suggestion and evaluation.
as i know that max 6-7 reasons should be identified.
the first reason you should explain is the one suggested by the question itself.
you should explain all the identified reasons in separate paras.
then a solid evaluation is to be given.
if there are some doubts related to it then please tell....

Reaction score
Plz open your minds. Where do you see in Cambridge that 5 reasons have to be explained. 6 to 7 reasons have to be explained. Blah Blah Blah. The thing is the more broader your comparison is the better. Ok now I ask you a question how come will you answer in this question.

Which of the following had the most important effect on Hindu Muslim relations between 1914 to 1928:

1 Lucknow Pact
2 Montalague Chelmsford Reforms
3 Nehru Report (June 2001)

Now here would I ask you how would you make five points out of it.

Reaction score
Now plz think unbiasedly. The real and actual structure to answer a 14 marks question is.

Introduction: Can be given but there are no marks awarded for it. So waste of time. The only real advantage it has is that it gives a good impression on the examiner.

It does not matter how many paragraphs are made. But one paragraph should revolve around one idea. I said one idea. It does not mean one reason. You may have a couple of reasons in one paragraph but they should revolve around one idea. I mean that if you are explaining British strengths in one paragraph. You should make another paragraph for Indian Weaknesses but there can be more than one reason in one paragraph.

The order of the reasons have to be carefully followed. There are two main things you have to keep in mind.

1 If the question gives one or more than one reason, the order which the question gave reasons has to be carefully followed. These are to be given first.
2 the other reasons which you give do have to follow the timeline (if the question is so otherwise there cannot be a timeline)

The most crucial part from which most children lose marks is the explaining a reason part. It is quite much a misconception that if you have to explain a reason you need to make a paragraph giving excessive detail on it. This is known as describing not explaining. Explaining is the method I which we relate a reason to the question itself. If the reason you gave is self explanatory then there is no need for an explanation.

At the end, you must give an analysis, judgement or evaluation (whatever you may call it). There must be two things stated in this conclusion.

1 Your personal opinion
2 Your arguement for supporting your point of view

Reaction score
I wanna ask about relationship of quran and sunnah?
Also is there question about this in pastpapers,do highlight the year and the page.
Awesome12
SS12345

There are a number of questions in the past papers illustrating this idea.

The relationship of Quran and sunnah is that we take the principle from the Quran and get its explanation from the Sunnah. For Example Quran says that the punishment of a theft is that the hand of the thief us cut. From Ahadis we get that which hand has to get cut and from how much it has to get cut. That is the role of ahadis in our lives. Get the point.

Questions from the pastpapers include that give an example in which a ahadis is used to explain the meaning of a quranic verse.

Reaction score
There are a number of questions in the past papers illustrating this idea.

The relationship of Quran and sunnah is that we take the principle from the Quran and get its explanation from the Sunnah. For Example Quran says that the punishment of a theft is that the hand of the thief us cut. From Ahadis we get that which hand has to get cut and from how much it has to get cut. That is the role of ahadis in our lives. Get the point.

Questions from the pastpapers include that give an example in which a ahadis is used to explain the meaning of a quranic verse.
Thanks I got it,I was just thinking of something else.

Reaction score
I wanna ask will we add in early life of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)?
Please do help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now plz think unbiasedly. The real and actual structure to answer a 14 marks question is.

Introduction: Can be given but there are no marks awarded for it. So waste of time. The only real advantage it has is that it gives a good impression on the examiner.

It does not matter how many paragraphs are made. But one paragraph should revolve around one idea. I said one idea. It does not mean one reason. You may have a couple of reasons in one paragraph but they should revolve around one idea. I mean that if you are explaining British strengths in one paragraph. You should make another paragraph for Indian Weaknesses but there can be more than one reason in one paragraph.

The order of the reasons have to be carefully followed. There are two main things you have to keep in mind.

1 If the question gives one or more than one reason, the order which the question gave reasons has to be carefully followed. These are to be given first.
2 the other reasons which you give do have to follow the timeline (if the question is so otherwise there cannot be a timeline)

The most crucial part from which most children lose marks is the explaining a reason part. It is quite much a misconception that if you have to explain a reason you need to make a paragraph giving excessive detail on it. This is known as describing not explaining. Explaining is the method I which we relate a reason to the question itself. If the reason you gave is self explanatory then there is no need for an explanation.

At the end, you must give an analysis, judgement or evaluation (whatever you may call it). There must be two things stated in this conclusion.

1 Your personal opinion
2 Your arguement for supporting your point of view
Okay so then i have to identify 6-7 reasons. So lets say that the answer has 3 ideas, that means that the following would be the format for it?
simplistic statement.
identify 6-7 reasons.
explain one idea in one para. 2md idea in another one and 3rd in another para and give judgement in a different one.

Reaction score
Plz open your minds. Where do you see in Cambridge that 5 reasons have to be explained. 6 to 7 reasons have to be explained. Blah Blah Blah. The thing is the more broader your comparison is the better. Ok now I ask you a question how come will you answer in this question.

Which of the following had the most important effect on Hindu Muslim relations between 1914 to 1928:

1 Lucknow Pact
2 Montalague Chelmsford Reforms
3 Nehru Report (June 2001)

Now here would I ask you how would you make five points out of it.
hey man. i was just telling that format for answering a question like WAS THE LACK OF CAPABLE LEADERSHIP MAIN REASON FOR THE FAILURE OF KHILAFAT MOVEMENT? 14 marks
as in relation with the above mentioned question then you will have to tell the details with reference to all which had impact on hindu-muslim relation!!!!
if u still think that i am wrong then i m cnfused as i have got full marks in this type of question!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I find it very difficult to learn the reforms that British brought in India. Please help.
hey man u just have to know the main theme of the reform for example mont ford reforms although granted separate elctorate n increased voting right but it retained the power. gov. gen. had wide powers he cud pass any law which he thought was suitable to sb.cnt, etc etc PL DONT LEARN THE CONTENT POINTS EG. NUMBR OF SEATS NUMBR F ELCTD R APPT. MMBRS ETC ETC...... simple method is to learn always those points which were diff from others reforms... i hope this will help you

Reaction score
hey man. i was just telling that format for answering a question like WAS THE LACK OF CAPABLE LEADERSHIP MAIN REASON FOR THE FAILURE OF KHILAFAT MOVEMENT? 14 marks
as in relation with the above mentioned question then you will have to tell the details with reference to all which had impact on hindu-muslim relation!!!!
if u still think that i am wrong then i can do nothing in order to just satisfy YOU. i have got full marks in this type of question!!![/quote

Hey man calm down. Why did you got so angry. This is not a time in which we should go into pointless discussions. It's not about satisfying me or someone else. My point was simple, ok plz calm down and do not be angry, the thing is that you can get full marks that you were saying about the khilafat movement by simply explaining 6 to 7 reasons. You may also get full marks by explaining even 2 reasons including the one of failure of leadership. But this answer can be improved by giving a much broader comparison. Even if you explain 10 reasons it does not matter. A 10 reasoned answer would be a much better one than a 6 to 7 reasons one. So plz do not restrict him to a certain number of reasons. But you should offer him a structure that can answer any type of 14 marks question.

Reaction score
Hey im confused about the question patter of pakstudies like YOU JUST HAVE TO ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS RIGHT?
please tell thanks.

Reaction score
How successful were the religious thinkers in spreading Islam in the sub-continent
during the 18th and 19th centuries?

help needed in this question?