• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hazrat Abu Bakr, belonged to a respectful Quraish family, and was a dear friend of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). He was the first free adult to accept Islam, and after his conversion to Islam, he devoted his life and his wealth for the cause of Islam. Even before conversion to Islam, he didn’t drink or gamble, he was a pious man. At the age of 18, he stepped into the profession of merchant which was his family business and soon then became one of the richest merchant in Arabia. Hazrat Abu Bakr is also known as Al-Siddiq (The Truthful) because he was the first person to testify to the Holy Prophet (PBUH)'s event to the miraj.
Hazrat Abu Bakr was a great support to the Holy Prophet (PBUH), and always helped him whenever he could. Hee was instrumental in the conversion of many people to the Islamic faith and early in 623, Abu Bakr's daughter Aisha was married to Muhammad, strengthening the ties between the two men.During the migration to Madinah, Hazrat Abu Bakr accompanied him and also stayed with him for several night at the cave of saur. In Madinah, he paid for the land which was chosen by the Holy Prophet (PBUH) for building Masid-e-Nabavi. He almost participated in all of the battles fought, and during Battle of Uhad, when chaos was created that the Holy Prophet (PBUH) died, he handled the muslim's army and calmed them down once again to fight. He became a shield for the Holy Prophet (PBUH) when he was injured. He is also one of the ten fortunate companions to whom the Holy Prophet (PBUH) gave tidings of paradise in their lifetime.

*How would you rate this question, considering it is an answer to the question of life before Khilafat of Hazrat Abu Bakr? Please help with it and other Khalifas

I dont remember much about Islamiat but I am pretty sure this is ok. Do include some Hadiths though. There was one which was that whenever Prophet offered Islam to someone, he showed reluctance and tried to enter into an argument, Abu Bakr was the first person to accept Islam without an hesitation. Also 2-3 more. The more the merrier.

However - I don't think the answer is enough, look a little small. Though it can be enough and I am just misjuding it due to it been typed rather than hand-written.

Reaction score
Q: What are the conditions of prayers (Salat) that must be fulfilled before performing them? [10]

Answer: As prayer (Salah) is the second pillar of Islam. It begins with the purification of the body and ends with the purification of the soul. The prayers (Salah) performed five times a day and the night which are Fajr (at dawn), Zuhr (afternoon), Asr (midafternoon), Maghrib (sunset) and Isha (nightfall). Prayer may be considered as an energizing charge man needs to stand in the remembrance of his Rabb. In order to renew the contact with his Rabb, the first think the men starts off his day with his prayer. As the Holy Quran says: “When you have finished As-Salat (the prayer - congregational), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and lying down on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat (Iqâmatas Salat) Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours” (An-Nisa 4:103) Man move from one prayer to another until he meets with his Rabb. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said: “if there is a river by a house of one

leave anything of his dirt”. He said: that is similar to 5 prayers by which Allah (SWT) annals sins” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih AL-Muslim). And Allah says in the Holy Quran: “And seek help through patience and prayers” (Al-Quran).
To perform prayer there are certain conditions that a person have to fulfill before offering the prayers. These conditions are that person should wear clean cloths and body must be clean from all impurities. They have to cover the Satar as well as the women: All Muslims that is male are required to cover what is between the navel and the knee at Salah. But women should cover the whole body except their faces and hands. Tight (not transparent) cloths are accepted but lose ones are preferable. Person must perform ablution with the intentions of Salah for which he or she are performing the Wuzu. The place where he or she is going to pray must be clean as Allah says in the Holy Quran: "O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles. If you are in a state of Janâba (i.e. had a sexual discharge), purify yourself (bath your whole body)........." (5:6)
After performing Wuzu and standing at clean place for prayer, a Muslim should orientate himself or herself towards the point of adoration that is the Holy Kaabah in the city of Makkah: “……So turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid- al-Haram (at Makkah). And wheresoever’s you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction......." (2:144). After this the worshipper make intention for prayer and starts his Salah…… As the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said: “Intention is compulsory for all deeds” (Sahih Sitha) (Sahih Sitha).

*Can this answer get full marks?

Reaction score
If you are talking about Simon commission then the answer is below:
the Simon commission was rejected by Indians due to a number of important reasons.
firstly,under the Simon commission the system of dyarchy had been rejected which means denying Indians power and sovereignty over the important departments of the subcontinent. the federal government with full autonomy was established. this meant that there was no rights for provincial government and individual liberties and neither it could give a workable dominion status. a wide range of power was vested in the parliament which was a British institution.
furthermore,the right of voting was not granted according to the population of the subcontinent. the women were not allowed to vote. this rendered the electorate too narrow and restricted. most of the Indians claim that they were not represented.
most importantly, the Simon report presented in 1930 by Simon commission could not quench the political thirst of the Muslims. the rights of separate electorates was not granted and Sindh was not separated from Bombay presidency. this undermined the interests and demands of the Muslims in the sub continent.
however,despite of the critics it faced it paved way to the negotiation which were to be held under the round table conferences in London.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Q: What are the conditions of prayers (Salat) that must be fulfilled before performing them? [10]

Answer: As prayer (Salah) is the second pillar of Islam. It begins with the purification of the body and ends with the purification of the soul. The prayers (Salah) performed five times a day and the night which are Fajr (at dawn), Zuhr (afternoon), Asr (midafternoon), Maghrib (sunset) and Isha (nightfall). Prayer may be considered as an energizing charge man needs to stand in the remembrance of his Rabb. In order to renew the contact with his Rabb, the first think the men starts off his day with his prayer. As the Holy Quran says: “When you have finished As-Salat (the prayer - congregational), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and lying down on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat (Iqâmatas Salat) Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours” (An-Nisa 4:103) Man move from one prayer to another until he meets with his Rabb. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said: “if there is a river by a house of one

leave anything of his dirt”. He said: that is similar to 5 prayers by which Allah (SWT) annals sins” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih AL-Muslim). And Allah says in the Holy Quran: “And seek help through patience and prayers” (Al-Quran).
To perform prayer there are certain conditions that a person have to fulfill before offering the prayers. These conditions are that person should wear clean cloths and body must be clean from all impurities. They have to cover the Satar as well as the women: All Muslims that is male are required to cover what is between the navel and the knee at Salah. But women should cover the whole body except their faces and hands. Tight (not transparent) cloths are accepted but lose ones are preferable. Person must perform ablution with the intentions of Salah for which he or she are performing the Wuzu. The place where he or she is going to pray must be clean as Allah says in the Holy Quran: "O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles. If you are in a state of Janâba (i.e. had a sexual discharge), purify yourself (bath your whole body)........." (5:6)
After performing Wuzu and standing at clean place for prayer, a Muslim should orientate himself or herself towards the point of adoration that is the Holy Kaabah in the city of Makkah: “……So turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid- al-Haram (at Makkah). And wheresoever’s you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction......." (2:144). After this the worshipper make intention for prayer and starts his Salah…… As the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said: “Intention is compulsory for all deeds” (Sahih Sitha) (Sahih Sitha).

*Can this answer get full marks?
well brother you can acheive good marks but not full.i read examiners point of view that to acheive full you must stick to what is asked.you gave less details of clothes;;sincearity in intensions;having mental and physical attention while on the otherhand you wasted your time giving a lenghty introduction.you can say that filth,flowing blood,pus,swine etc can make clothes impure so to attain purity one must wash 3x his clothes and squeezing it too.you may say that on major impurities gusl is farz so one must take ghusl.you can add further that if water is not found one must do tayammum to do himself pure.you forgot to say that one must not be intoxicated as quran says that do not come to prayers while u are intoxicated.you added quranic verse about wazu and gusl but you need to write it further.you can write conditions in which body and dress are unclean.AND ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING you forgot to add that time is very important.it should be the time of prayer like you cannot pray maghrib after sunset.thus explaing youur ans in simple words and according to point you can acheive full.

Reaction score
I think CIE is trying to throw us away from the real teachings of the Quran, and creating more of a misconception for us to our Islam!. I mean look at this question, Thank God they were not able to edit the meaning of the passage but just look at this:

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Islamiyat (2058)/2058_w07_qp_1.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Islamiyat (2058)/2058_w07_ms_1.pdf

Q1 b)...... In the meaning of the surah, there is nothing mentioned about Prophet, yet their stupid Mark Scheme Answer, they have written shit, to derive us away from the real teachings. I mean look at this. I personally find this very offensive especially this statement: "Muslims can also be reassured by these promises. "....
What in the living hell they want, i found many derivations from the original history/truth, especially in Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat, or other such subjects. WTF? Cambridge!

And i want some one to give the proper answer other than this BS!...Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think CIE is trying to throw us away from the real teachings of the Quran, and creating more of a misconception for us to our Islam!. I mean look at this question, Thank God they were not able to edit the meaning of the passage but just look at this:

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Islamiyat (2058)/2058_w07_qp_1.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Islamiyat (2058)/2058_w07_ms_1.pdf

Q1 b)...... In the meaning of the surah, there is nothing mentioned about Prophet, yet their stupid Mark Scheme Answer, they have written shit, to derive us away from the real teachings. I mean look at this. I personally find this very offensive especially this statement: "Muslims can also be reassured by these promises. "....
What in the living hell they want, i found many derivations from the original history/truth, especially in Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat, or other such subjects. WTF? Cambridge!

And i want some one to give the proper answer other than this BS!...Thanks.
brother you are wrong at this point.to study quranic verses in olevels,u should be knowing its shaane nazool(why it was revealed or the purpose of this ayat).these verses were revealed when the period of revealation was stopped and non muslims started mocking prophet muhammed that your lord has left you.this made prophet distressed.so to assure prophet muhammed that allah is allways with him allah revealed these verses.secondly''muslims can also be reassured" means that if difficulty overcomes or one is sufferring,then allah is the one who can give us the easiness and shelter justlike he gave easiness to his prophet.we should not be distressed in any circumstances.in shaa allah this would be helpful.

Reaction score
I have a simple question regarding Pakistan Studies 2059,
I will be appearing in May/June 2015 and since the format for the exam has changed (the first question will be compulsory), should I study the whole of section 3 (including all relations) to be on the safe side.
Most people I know usually just do 2-3 relations and some topics from section 3.
Help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
I have a simple question regarding Pakistan Studies 2059,
I will be appearing in May/June 2015 and since the format for the exam has changed (the first question will be compulsory), should I study the whole of section 3 (including all relations) to be on the safe side.
Most people I know usually just do 2-3 relations and some topics from section 3.
Help will be appreciated.

Yes - you have to.

We did that because in the previous pattern you can do the paper and skip Section 3. Now Section 3 is compulsory.