• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guyz in paper 1 , i made margins with a pencil will my marks will be deducted and how many marks will be deducted if anyone wrote more than the word limit ???

Reaction score
Guyz in paper 1 , i made margins with a pencil will my marks will be deducted and how many marks will be deducted if anyone wrote more than the word limit ???
How did you count your words? Like do you usually count EVERY SINGLE word?

Reaction score
Guys ! Every Word is Counted ! Even 'Ka , mein etc' , Your Essay should be between 150 to 200 ! if the limit exceeds ! the Examiner wont check any word after 200 ! For Essay i was having Allhamdulilah 164 words , and even in letter your letter should not be more then 250 words , it should be about 200-250 ! , I'm really sorry to say but if the limit exceeds for both(Essay & Letter) he'd cut the rest of your work too !

Reaction score
Guys ! Every Word is Counted ! Even 'Ka , mein etc' , Your Essay should be between 150 to 200 ! if the limit exceeds ! the Examiner wont check any word after 200 ! For Essay i was having Allhamdulilah 164 words , and even in letter your letter should not be more then 250 words , it should be about 200-250 ! , I'm really sorry to say but if the limit exceeds for both(Essay & Letter) he'd cut the rest of your work too !
Bro ! under mazmoon i wrote my word count 162 , but they were more than that .. will examiner consider mine or check him self

Reaction score
Aoa
And also, if every word counted, then think of it like this:
An average student can write ATLEAST 10 words per line. That means to fulfull 150 words, he will use 15/28 lines. Why did CIE even bother giving so many more lines then? If you do not count every word (like the small ones like ki, hai, hain .etc) then it becomes 7-8 words per line. It will take 19-21 / 28 to write 150 words and the remaining can be used to get the max 200 word limit if one wants to.

And there are threads on xtreme paper that also suggest that not every word is counted and that the small words are omitted from the word count.

Also could someone confirm if the words "Aik" "Aur" ,"Mein" "Hain (the hai with noon gunnah)" "lagh" "tah" "thi" are counted or not?
There is a word limit of 150 for the essay and a word limit of 200 in the letter, report, dialogue and speech. So let me make my self clear here if u write this sentence'imtihan mey fail honey ka der rehta hey, zehni dabao berhney sey ser mey dard rrhta hey' so uve written exactly 17 words.
They give us more space for the candidate s who write bigger or the ones who want to leave spaces

Reaction score
Aoa

There is a word limit of 150 for the essay and a word limit of 200 in the letter, report, dialogue and speech. So let me make my self clear here if u write this sentence'imtihan mey fail honey ka der rehta hey, zehni dabao berhney sey ser mey dard rrhta hey' so uve written exactly 17 words.
They give us more space for the candidate s who write bigger or the ones who want to leave spaces
I have asked somebody who got an A in Urdu B and he said that his teacher told him words like main, hai, ka, ki, keh, seh, .etc are not counted.
His teacber has regualarly attended CIE workshops. Also i have found several threads here on this website and people have also said that their teacher who attended CIE worksops said the same thing as above. I just wanted to confirm this with other people.

Reaction score
I have asked somebody who got an A in Urdu B and he said that his teacher told him words like main, hai, ka, ki, keh, seh, .etc are not counted.
His teacber has regualarly attended CIE workshops. Also i have found several threads here on this website and people have also said that their teacher who attended CIE worksops said the same thing as above. I just wanted to confirm this with other people.
So how will you count your words for the summary

Reaction score
As far as I know common words like seh to are counted once in summary like someone also said it above. And it is of no doubt that we cant actually develop a summary without these words so the word limit is bound to go past 100.
What I m trying to say is you can exceed the word limit to 115-120 words but no more than that.
I myself drew a summary of 117 words and Got an A in Urdu.
Thanks.
Would love to help you guys if needed.

Reaction score
As far as I know common words like seh to are counted once in summary like someone also said it above. And it is of no doubt that we cant actually develop a summary without these words so the word limit is bound to go past 100.
What I m trying to say is you can exceed the word limit to 115-120 words but no more than that.
I myself drew a summary of 117 words and Got an A in Urdu.
Thanks.
Would love to help you guys if needed.
IS there any difference between talkees and kulasa ?