• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies Paper 1

Reaction score
are u guys so glued to XPF that coming outside the examination halls u start using mobile internet now that is some attraction :p

Reaction score
yeah thanks for the correction well i remembered Q2a pretty good others screwed my tuka went perfect 100% yeahhhh./

Reaction score
My paper was AWESOME. I almost knew everything attempted 1,2,3. The only mistake I made was in q2a. I think I lost like 2 marks in that.
Otherwise, as long as Geography goes good, I can hope for an A*. I hope Insh'Allah, we all get A*s and A's.

Reaction score
yup but guys see since the paper was very easy are we all up for a very strict checking or something i hope not.

Reaction score
Yeah. Although M/J 2010 was a bit easier, this paper wasn't hard.
Plus. Hail CIE- LOL. They didn't give shit about section 3. How biased. Looks like they too figured out hardly anyone does section 3, and how useless the scum bags were who ruled Pakistan after the Quaid :p.

Reaction score
I think our grade threshold will be around atleast 59 or 60 to secure an A.
In M/J 2010, for history, in IGCSE, the A was at 55 and it was really easier than this years.
O'levels could be a bit more like near 59 or 60 for this year perhaps?

Btw, IGCSE+O'levels= Same course for Pak st.

Reaction score
so yaar abt the same like 56 or 55 thats good everyone can get an A* and yeah about time CIE found that Sec 3 is useless.

But for next year guys i think ull have problems as new Nigel Kelly book has come out and it has Benzir and all kachra and i think they didnt give it this year as they saw that they themselves did not give the book name in the syllabus so they didnt give it in Paper so i guess guys who give in S12 best of luck yaar.

Reaction score
yeah. the A* grade threshold for pak studies was 61 in 2010 may june for igcse.
This year for us, its got be near 63 i think.

Reaction score
yaar rafae how do u know abt S10 paper grade threshholds its not mentioned is this IGCSE comparison

Reaction score
mine also went pretty well just that battle of kanpur thing tricked me a bit i will loose marks but rest INSHALLAH A star......guys one thing people say nom atter ho much good answer we write we dont get 14/14 in a 14 marks question is this right???

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... s10_gt.pdf

Here is how the A* is calculated.

Take grade A=54 + C=39
add them together=133 divide by 2=46.5=47
B grade is at 47/75.

Now do this, A-B= 54-57= 7 marks ka difference.
Now add Grade A + the Difference= 54 + 7= 61
That's how you get A* for igcse.
This 61 was last year May/June's 2010 paper. It was easier than this years.
Now ours should be 63 or somewhere around it, it might have been harder.

Reaction score
yaar u can get it depends u r exceptionally good and Q2c might prove that for me.
Agian yaar its this mental ability of ours that we think that write as much u get an A* horrible and useless the guy in front of me took like extra sheets and filled every paper he"ll surely make the examiner mad.

rafae said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/0448%20-%20History%20And%20Culture%20Of%20Pakistan/0448_s10_gt.pdf

Take grade A=54 + C=39
B grade is at 47/75.

yaar but ours was a little difficult then that i guess.

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
yaar u can get it depends u r exceptionally good and Q2c might prove that for me.
Agian yaar its this mental ability of ours that we think that write as much u get an A* horrible and useless the guy in front of me took like extra sheets and filled every paper he"ll surely make the examiner mad.

I took an extra booklet too :D. Filled 2 pages of it :S

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:

rafae said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/0448%20-%20History%20And%20Culture%20Of%20Pakistan/0448_s10_gt.pdf

Take grade A=54 + C=39
B grade is at 47/75.

yaar but ours was a little difficult then that i guess.

THANKS but my many friends told me ke no matter how exceptionally u write u will get 13 not 14 he said ifitkhar.ul.haq told me is tarha to kaam khraab hai yeh mera mughal decline or regional languages wala bht acha attempted question tha and bad thing is i had to follow those length rules for 14 marks answer in schools we had bigger sheets so here i had to compress my answer to fit in 1.75 page...:(

Reaction score
well i did only 4 pages for each Q whole a,b,c part and mine fit in all of the first booklet.

Reaction score
Scouser. if you did 4 pages of each q, that would be like 11 pages?
I wrote 12 lol

Reaction score
yeah i also didnt needed extra sheet the booklets were enough for me i solved part A and part B on one page and the next two pages i wrote part C answers......