• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PAPER 1 MAY/JUNE 2013 PHYSICS DOUBTS HERE

Reaction score
quoted from someone and cant understand too ... can u explain plz?

im not quite sure about this but this is how i get the answer
both of the liquids have the same pressure,which is the atmospheric pressure that is acting upon them (p)
length of the P column is 2x
pressure in P p= ϼgh= ϼ*g*2x
ϼ=p/g*2x
length of Q column is x
pressure in Q p= ϼgh= ϼ*g*x
ϼ=p/g*x
density of P/density of Q=p/g*2x÷p/g*x
density of P/density of Q =1/2

Reaction score
im not quite sure about this but this is how i get the answer
both of the liquids have the same pressure,which is the atmospheric pressure that is acting upon them (p)
length of the P column is 2x
pressure in P p= ϼgh= ϼ*g*2x
ϼ=p/g*2x
length of Q column is x
pressure in Q p= ϼgh= ϼ*g*x
ϼ=p/g*x
density of P/density of Q=p/g*2x÷p/g*x
density of P/density of Q =1/2

what about the chemistry question please ? with expaination

Reaction score

6) since the object's acceleration is perpendicular to its motion, thr is a centripetal force acting on it.
this force causes it to change its direction.the acceleration is constantly perpendicular, so teh object is undergoing circular motion.and since the object will be in circular motion, its speed will be unaffected. (if the speed wud change the object wud move out of the circular motion).
So, ans = C

Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Reaction score

13)since the load is not moving, the forces are in equilibrium.
that is they balance each other out.
Hence ans = A (only case whr the forces balance out)

14) moment of force = force * perpendicular dist from the force.
moment of W1 = W * a ----Wa
moment of W2 = 2Wa
moment of F = Fh

now the moment of W1 and F is in the clockwise direction whereas W2 is in the anti clockwise direction.
So, Wa + Fh = 2Wa
ans = A

Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Reaction score
13)since the load is not moving, the forces are in equilibrium.
that is they balance each other out.
Hence ans = A (only case whr the forces balance out)

14) moment of force = force * perpendicular dist from the force.
moment of W1 = W * a ----Wa
moment of W2 = 2Wa
moment of F = Fh

now the moment of W1 and F is in the clockwise direction whereas W2 is in the anti clockwise direction.
So, Wa + Fh = 2Wa
ans = A

Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

For Q13 B is also the case where forces are at equalibrium?

Reaction score
For Q13 B is also the case where forces are at equalibrium?

no, check the arrows. two of them point away in the same direction. Hence, no equilibrium.
it shud be a triangle of forces.
Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Reaction score
what about the chemistry question please ? with expaination

though im already done with AS chemistry so i cant help u much but from what i remember
the second option is incorrect since a cyclic compound with a single double bond results in only a single product being formed whereas two products are being formed,now what ur left with is option 1 and 3 and its most probably option 1 since its splits to form two compounds with ketone groups and anyway therez no other way since 1 and 3 both cant be the answer
though i wasnt of much help,hope if someone else could help you

Reaction score
can anyone help me and explain mcq 13 please , its quite hard ! :) thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 9702_s09_qp_1.pdf
    210.3 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score

Q13 here we are to calculate the resultant moment of all the forces about point P which is the pivot
for that first we ll have to find the total clockwise and anti clockwise moments about P
moment=perpendicular dist from the line of action to the pivot *force
sum of clockwise moment=15*3m (here 3 is the perpendicular dist from the force to the pivot P)
=45Nm
sum of anti clockwise moment=5N*2m +10N*2m (here again the distances are the perpendicular distances from the forces to the pivot P)
=10+20=30Nm
now to get the resultant moment we ll simply subtract both the clockwise moments and the anti clockwise moments
resultant moment=45-30=15Nm Ans

Reaction score

Q28 the answer is clearly A since force on the electron is the only quantity that can be calculated using the information that is provided
Force=electric field strength(E)*charge
since electric field strength is given and charge of an an electron is known we can easily calculate the force

As for Q34 i solved this question for someone else as well,it on previous page i guess,u can check it from there