• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 42 (13th May) - Full Solutions

How did you find this paper? Scale 1-5 (1 being easiest and 5 being hardest)

• 1 (Very Easy)

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • 2 (Easy)

Votes: 36 5.7%
  • 3 (Average)

Votes: 125 19.9%
  • 4 (Hard)

Votes: 169 26.9%
  • 5 (Very hard)

Votes: 268 42.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
by the way do u think the curve will go down this year bec many of my fellow students actually almost all of them found this exam hard!

Reaction score
in question 9, a) i found the area of rectangles correct but the rest is wrong, how much would i get for it?
and in bii) i didnt convert the litres and applied the formula v= pi x r x l .. how much would i get for it?

Reaction score
hm 185-190, thats an A* right
and when do we get out marks?
And do they show out raw marks, precentile marks out of whole world , or letter grade

Reaction score
in question 9, a) i found the area of rectangles correct but the rest is wrong, how much would i get for it?
and in bii) i didnt convert the litres and applied the formula v= pi x r x l .. how much would i get for it?
9ai. If you added 2*(your hexagon area) to the correct rectangles area then I think you'll get 2 marks.

9bii. I'm really not sure here. I was surprised it was a 5 mark question so I don't know how the marks will be given.

Reaction score
also does writing gradient as fraction give marks?
and would 2.7 e in the range of accetpable values?

Reaction score
For the major arc i have made an error i multiplied 39 by 2 insted of 4 but all my other working is correct. Will i loose more than 1 mark??

Reaction score
I got the Profit wrong but i showed all my working. and for the last one i wrote 19 how much will i lose sir,

Reaction score
For the major arc i have made an error i multiplied 39 by 2 insted of 4 but all my other working is correct. Will i loose more than 1 mark??
I would guess you'll lose 1 but it could be 2.

I think this will be a very common error.

Reaction score
I got the Profit wrong but i showed all my working. and for the last one i wrote 19 how much will i lose sir,
You'll lose 1 mark for 19 and I'd need to see all your working to know how many you would get for the percentage question.

Reaction score
about finding the profit, Sir i did all the working correct showing the correct answer in the working but i wrote 84 instead of 184 in final answer line but i have done all the working as done in the paper 4 post by you.