• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 42 (13th May) - Full Solutions

How did you find this paper? Scale 1-5 (1 being easiest and 5 being hardest)

• 1 (Very Easy)

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • 2 (Easy)

Votes: 36 5.7%
  • 3 (Average)

Votes: 125 19.9%
  • 4 (Hard)

Votes: 169 26.9%
  • 5 (Very hard)

Votes: 268 42.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I got the lower and upper bound, but i calculated area instead of perimeter...how many marks am i losing out of 3 ?

Reaction score
for the tank question,I did the formula of cylinder = volume of cylinder + 5
with all working shown.....how many marks would i get?
You'll lose 1 mark for 19 and I'd need to see all your working to know how many you would get for the percentage question.

Reaction score
sir if by mistake for the major arc AC I found out the minor arc AC then how much would I get out of the three marks. my minor arc is perfectly correct with the working

Reaction score
For the last question I used another angle but exactly same steps,
I did 360/my angle = 12 exactly
then i did n - 1 = 12 then
n = 13,
Will i lose all the 3 marks?

Reaction score
Sir for 4e where we had to prove if the triangles are congruent I wrote
"they are congruent by the rule SAS(side-angle-side) AT=CT and ANGLE TBC=TBA" how many marks will I get from the total 3

Reaction score
Sir for 4e where we had to prove if the triangles are congruent I wrote
"they are congruent by the rule SAS(side-angle-side) AT=CT and ANGLE TBC=TBA" how many marks will I get from the total 3
You haven't explained why for the side and the angle. You may get 1 mark for the congruence method.

Reaction score
You haven't explained why for the side and the angle. You may get 1 mark for the congruence method.
i did not write the lines are extended from tangents i just wrote about which ever sides that were equal(included all sides)and about the angles...will i get 3 marks