• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 42 (13th May) - Full Solutions

How did you find this paper? Scale 1-5 (1 being easiest and 5 being hardest)

• 1 (Very Easy)

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • 2 (Easy)

Votes: 36 5.7%
  • 3 (Average)

Votes: 125 19.9%
  • 4 (Hard)

Votes: 169 26.9%
  • 5 (Very hard)

Votes: 268 42.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sir wat do u think will 152 be an A? Like most of people lost manyarks and they say it was hard

Reaction score
not really my mistake was very stupid... :(
Was it the 39*4 arc question? Nevertheless 199/200 is brilliant - I've made a couple stupid mistakes myself (like Q2 where I put (5 -8) instead of (-5 8) as a column vector, and in the fertiliser question where I added 4 instead of taking away 4.

There are some questions I don't remember my answers for, but if I count them all as being wrong, the worst mark I can get is 187/200 in total :)

Reaction score
For the question with the hexagon: the b part I forgot to change litres into cm3 and instead I carried on the working with 12 and not 12000, will I get marks for my working?

Reaction score
Another question, for the water flow question, how many marks would I get if I put 1744? (Instead of 1740)

Reaction score
Hey Sir...First of all you've done a very good job :D
I have some questions....
In Probability Q8-(b)(iii)
I calculated 1-(wearing both).... Is that right? The question didn't mention excluding "not wearing both hat and scarf"...
So i wrote 1-((5/8)*(2/3))= 7/12

Secondly....In Question 11(c)
I didn't understand what u did there... but i got the same answer (3.7) by using similar triangle with each other till I get OP5 at the end...
Can u explain to me what did u do exactly? :)
Thanks in Advance...

Reaction score
Sir in Perimeter question, I calculate upper bounds and lowerbounds correctly And just added them once(didnt multiply by two :( )How Much will i loose??