• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

percentile system

Reaction score
Is percentile system in O Levels is still there or it has been finished?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!
It's still there....cant be abolished :)

Reaction score
What is a percentile system anyway? i mean is it like........... let us take pakistan studies. For example a person got 70 out of 75 in history and 52 out of 75 in geography. So they would convert 75 and 52 into percentage i.e. 93 and 69%. then they would add 93 with 69 which becomes 162. they divide 162 by 200 and multiply it by 100 to take out the total percentage. This becomes 81% which is an A. :)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum, I've heard that the percentile system has been removed and they're using absolute grading nowadays. They said this on their Facebook Page. 'The candidates will be graded on how well they do themselves', I have quoted this from their page.

Reaction score
No there's just huge misconception among people from the back few months !
Percentile is still there in O ' level and A' level and it cant be abolished :)

Reaction score
@ Uxair,
the british council and the CIE said it themselves that that the percentile system has been removed......................how can u say that it hasn't been removed?

Reaction score
Are you really sure shahroz? But by the way what is percentile and how does it work?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

Well percentile is still there!!! In one of the 2012 syllabuses..may be on all..this is what written:
Percentage uniform marks are also provided on each candidate’s Statement of Results to supplement their grade for a syllabus.
The uniform percentage mark is stated at syllabus level only. It is not the same as the ‘raw’ mark obtained by the candidate, since it depends on the position of the grade thresholds (which may vary from one session to another and from one subject to another) and it has been turned into a percentage.

Note..this info wasnt there in the 2010 syllabus..that % uniform marks will be there on the statement of results!

Reaction score
Walaikumassalam,
Math_angel, you may be correct, BUT the BC and the CIE said that on the SOR, only the candidates' grades will be written..................

Reaction score
Shahroz. can you just tell me one thing? What are the grade thresholds of Pakistan studies? I mean I know that it varies from year to year, but let us just predict what the grade thresholds of Pakistan studies are for this session. :)

Reaction score
Lets see.....................I'd take a guess at............B grade being the average result of all the candidates................what do you think? Do you have any idea when the statistics of the Oct/Nov 2010 session would be released?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!!

well percenile system is still there!!!

the official document says
The percentage uniform mark is not the same as the actual mark that the candidate obtains on the question paper, since it depends on the position of the grade thresholds (which may vary from one session to another and from one subject to another) and it has been converted into a percentage. The percentage uniform mark will always be calculated out of 100

Still confusions or????