• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Petroleum Engineering

Reaction score
Is petroleum engineering a good choice?

people say that world will soon run out of oil and petroleum engineers wont be needed anymore! Whats your opinion?

Reaction score
Well it is a good choice, specially in places like kuwait, saudi arab, libya, etc. It has high pay and don't worry oil is not going to run out anytime soon.

Reaction score
well.......... petroleum engineers are i think the highest paid people in engineering field...... they have to work in remote areas........ i havent heard this that oils would finish soon...... they are too much in reserves...... i myself am thinking about the same feild nowadays ;) :)

Reaction score
Well yes it is the highest paying. You need to be really strong willed to be a petroleum engineer. Might be a bit difficult for you hunter, a bit easier for lyfroker.

Reaction score
Yes. It is the highest paying in oil rich countries like the ones i mentioned. Here you need to find a job in a private foreign company for some good salary [plus it is easier to get a job in foreign companies then national].

Reaction score
hell yh they are highest paid engineer, best of luck Silent Hunter!
but my ques is a bit funny, that should i do it cuz m nt mch interstd in job, evn if i will i wont like one in remote areas.................

may be i have to chng my mind, anyways thnx for ur advice :)

Reaction score
Thank You

me too........ am just thinking about this job... not final... well............ if you think you like another career more then go for it.......... cuz you will do better in the job you like to do......

Best of Luck :)