• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

phy paper 52.. easiest in history :D

Reaction score
Q1. independnt P .. Dependent Q ... controlled .. Density of ball, initail speed of ball etc ...
> method.. diagram + explainatoin
> Analysis.. plot a graph of lgq against lgp^2 if satisfies equation .. a straight line is obtained..
> Safety .. keep a distance .. use sandbags
> improvemnts .. many :p

Q2. Gradient=F = 1.2x10^3 unc 0.1x10^3 ..... V/E = 11 ... and predicted value for V = 17.6 . uncertainities in table 0.6 to 0.2 ...

thats what i did. correct me if am wrong :)

Reaction score
second part matches with me..and in first how did u measure Q..i used a claymat and measuded the distance with a setsquare mounted on a meter rule..and ensured the constant velocity of baal by releasing it 4rm a elastic spring 4rm a fixed point everytime ...and did u go for p22 how was the youngsmodulus experiment??

Reaction score
yound modulus was again a P5 question... attach diff weights to the hanging wire... measure A by micromemter screw gauge.. repeat readings with diff values of W ... measure change in Extension using meter rule.. plot graph of stress against stress.. to get Young Modulus.. i knw i made a mess in it..

Reaction score
yea phy 52 also came out to be easy lez hope for the best
gudlck to you all ppl!!!

Attachments

• scan0004 (744x1024).jpg
    scan0004 (744x1024).jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
for Q ... yes me to used a clay mat. and measure q form edge of fall to the mark .. using meter rule.. for constant velocity i made a slide at a distance from the edge that gets horizontal at distance X before the edge ... and installed light gates to measure time taken by ball to travel X dist ... and calculated V by X/time taken ... to make sure that its constant.. and surface should be smooth..

Reaction score
@abrazza i think u missed out..or messed up..see the question said a horizontal surfae..so sliding does not make any sense yaar..and why light gates..velocity was to be obtained from the relation stated in the question!!..u lost a method mark there..!!

Reaction score
dear.. slide got horizontal before the edge ... and light gates were to ensure that inial speed is constant through out...

Reaction score
for young modulus i wrote the same as it came in past paper question
pulley and tht pointer sort ov thng