• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

phy ppr 1 help needed!

Reaction score
plz help me out!

NOVEMBER 2001-Q31!
JUNE 2002-Q28!
JUNE 2004-Q25!
NOVEMBER 2005-Q28!
JUNE 2006-Q27!(the order of diffraction?)
NOVEMBER 2006-Q25!
JUNE 2007-Q23!
NOVEMBER 2007-Q25!
plzzzzz,sumone?

Reaction score
I don have june n nov 02 paperz.
June04:wave is moving to right, so point Q is always considered stationary at maximum amplitude where its velocity is zero. While P has min displacement and wuld be moving up or down.here its movin down.
Nov05 use lambda=(fringe spacng x slit spacing) /screen to fringe distance .use ths formula twice n u'l gt ur ans

Reaction score
June06 cnsidrn ths frmula dsin§=n x lambda, and d =1/N where d is slit separatn and N is # of lines per metre. Nw as N increase d decrease. Usng the 1st frmula, as d decrease n also decrease and angle increases since d has inverse relation wth angle...

Reaction score
June07 cnsidr wave as simple harmönic motion fr simplicity. Max displacement correspndz to max acceleration.

Reaction score
Nov07
use dsin theta= n x lambda. N use theta as 90 for highest order bcuz tht providz the max value 4 sin theta =1

Reaction score
JUNE 2002-Q28
"The signal detected decreases until the detector reaches the point X, and then starts to increase again as the detector moves beyond X" means that point X is an area of dark fringe. Condition for dark fringe is (n+.5) x lambda, where n is an integer. in this question n=0, therefore the eqn of dark fringe is (1/2)lambda.
Ans: c

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
I don have june n nov 02 paperz.
June04:wave is moving to right, so point Q is always considered stationary at maximum amplitude where its velocity is zero. While P has min displacement and wuld be moving up or down.here its movin down.
Nov05 use lambda=(fringe spacng x slit spacing) /screen to fringe distance .use ths formula twice n u'l gt ur ans
for june 04,i understand about the q,all i need to know is WHY will p movw down????

for nov 05,i still ddnt get the answer,plz can u show all the working to get the answer?

Reaction score
tweez11 said:
anyone there to explain november 2006,q25?
Formula for phase differnce = 2(pie)(t)/T
t is the time differnce between the points
T is the time for one wave
Lets say time for one wave T is 1.....From X to Y its 1.5 wave and so the time difference is 1.5s
Now put formula ...........Phase differnce =2(pie)(1.5)/1
=3(pie)

So the answer is C

Reaction score
For june 2004
Q-25
Remeber these two things
Trough downwards crest (TDC)
Crest upward trough(CUT)
When we are moving from trough to crest all the points will move downwards and when we will move from crest to trough all the points will move upwards

So in Q-25 we are moving from trough to crest so P will move downwards.