• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Phys practical help .. urgent

Reaction score
Guyz in physics practical Q2.... We find 2 values of K and we are asked to state if the law given in Q actually holds or not ... How do we show it from 2 values of K ???
Kindly help urgently!!!

Reaction score
You can compare the values and if they differ by 10% or more then, the theory is not supported. otherwise, it is :)

Reaction score
and if % is greater than 20 then relation dsnt supprt ryt? :S
ahh um cnfused :/
Look. Suppose your values of k come out to be 1.04 and 1.56. This is how you would work it out:

(1.56 - 1.04) / 1.56
= 33%

You would write something like this as the conclusion:

The results suggest that, within the limits of experimental accuracy, X and Y are proportional as the calculated values of k are within 10 (or 20)% of each other.

Reaction score
Well we've been told that if its not within 10% then they are not proportional or that the theory does not hold

Reaction score
hmm guys need help in significant figures:

my readings are:
V/V:8.0 V
I/A:0.32
P/W:2.56
R/ohm:25.0
R4/ohm: 3.9*10^5

Guys please check my readings and tell me how many significant figures i should give for each reading

Reaction score
im SOOOOOO lost about tomorrow lol , i have paper 32 . I heard its going to be mechanical and our teacher didnt give us but a totla of like 4 lab expirements allll year. ANY LIMITATION AND IMPROVEMENT TIPS FOR THE MECHANICAL EXAMS? AND TIPS IN GENERAL PLEASE.

Reaction score
I'm confused too. I read somewhere that it should be

[ (Larger K minus smaller K) / larger K ] multiPlied by 100

And if it was within +\- 10% of the PERCENTAGE UNCERTAINTY we calculated earlier, ONLY then it will be propotional.
Is this correct or should the answer be that it is LESS THAN 10% to be proportional correct?
Please help ASAP