• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 12 GT

what will be the expected gt

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Who knows? I could be wrong, but the resistor HAS to get some P.D. cause it does have resistance.

I got B for the ball one. Anyone else?
The first voltage was of the first resistor
The second one was of the one in parallel
By 8V I mean the emf of the battery, it was either 8V or 5V but don't remember exactly
I got A for the ball one but I'm probably wrong

Reaction score
I don't remember the question exactly, but what did you put for the potential divider question where we had to find the resistance of the resistor? Options were like 755, 855, 955 and 1055 I think

Reaction score
Yup me. Wait didnt the resistances add up to 8V when the PDs were 3V and 2V...the last resistor also had to be 3V and 3+3+2=8V no?
Yes, however there was also a resistor, so that takes up P.D. as well. And if one resistor in parallel already has a P.D. of 1 V then how will the others have 3? Voltage is the same in parallel.

Reaction score
Yup me. Wait didnt the resistances add up to 8V when the PDs were 3V and 2V...the last resistor also had to be 3V and 3+3+2=8V no?
Yup that's my point but I don't even remember the question exactly
I don't remember the question exactly, but what did you put for the potential divider question where we had to find the resistance of the resistor? Options were like 755, 855, 955 and 1055 I think
I did 795 or something like that

Reaction score
I don't think those were the
options but I rmr first one was 395 and second was 795 I calculated it to be 795 so I chose B

Reaction score
Sorry it was R I suck at memorizing things:/ I calculated that like 2 times and it was R
Wait wait gain in kinetic energy was equal to the loss in potential energy...and it lost 1/4th of its potential energy when it gained 1/4th of its kinetic energy so .5*4*4=8 and 1/4th of that is 2J which is equal to .5*2*2 so that's why I marked B

Reaction score
Yes, however there was also a resistor, so that takes up P.D. as well. And if one resistor in parallel already has a P.D. of 1 V then how will the others have 3? Voltage is the same in parallel.
The one in parallel had 1V and there was another with the same with series with it so it also was 1V. Total 2V and parallel to them would be 2V too. I don't remember how many more resistors there were :(
I don't think those were the

options but I rmr first one was 395 and second was 795 I calculated it to be 795 so I chose B
I calculated 800 so just wrote 795

Reaction score
Yeah so in the parallel circuits there were 2 in one loop and 1 in the other so the total potential energy was 2V right? But them there were two more resistors (in series with each other) and if they were both equal to 3V the total pd could be 8V