• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics 22

Reaction score
find the deceleration by 14/0.4=-35 and then distance by 2as=v2-u2 where u was 2.4ms the line was a straight line

You can't find the acceleration like that the acceleration varies with the graph and so does the force. altough it's a straight line, the v/t graph would be a curve. the area under the line was energy force plotted against distance so yea. we had to use the k.e to find the distance.

Reaction score
Are you sure we were supposed to calculate using equation of motion?? I used equation of motion too to calculate ow distance... But most of the ppl calculated it by using formula work done= force x distance.. work done was there, taking force value from the graph.. and they are getting 0.081.. I think we did it wrong.. we were not supposed to calculate pa using equation of motion.. :(

Number one cie only looks your method and your concept bro the question was given three marks it wasnt that much simple and yes let me tell you there was F as the resistive force and so the kinetic energy was not constant how then you are taking kinetic energy as constant from part 1 so its 100% correct bro

Reaction score
Are you sure we were supposed to calculate using equation of motion?? I used equation of motion too to calculate ow distance... But most of the ppl calculated it by using formula work done= force x distance.. work done was there, taking force value from the graph.. and they are getting 0.081.. I think we did it wrong.. we were not supposed to calculate pa using equation of motion.. :(

the correct answer is not 0.081 it was 0.089

Reaction score
You can't find the acceleration like that the acceleration varies with the graph and so does the force. altough it's a straight line, the v/t graph would be a curve. the area under the line was energy force plotted against distance so yea. we had to use the k.e to find the distance.

Hold on the force was 14N and was constant and so the deceleration

Reaction score
Number one cie only looks your method and your concept bro the question was given three marks it wasnt that much simple and yes let me tell you there was F as the resistive force and so the kinetic energy was not constant how then you are taking kinetic energy as constant from part 1 so its 100% correct bro
no, we are wrong.. quation of motion was not used.. acc was not constant..

Reaction score
I'm telling you, we both are wrong.. you assumed force is constant.. force is directly proportional to acceleration.. if force is constant then acc would also be constant.. hence, acc value would be 9.81.. this is all wrong..

The correct method was to use work done= fxd

We only use equation of motion when object us moving in a straight line and with CONSTANT ACCELERATION..

Reaction score
How
how can air resistance act on a wheel? I think the ans was weight of the wheel and the normal reaction force between the pin and the wheel.

Ofcourse it can, there was no bench or platform it was in mid-air....haha my sense of humour.....i am gonna drive the examiners completely balistic!!!!
I did so badly !!!:cry:

Reaction score

nope it wasn't constant, it was changing throughout the motion. you can only use the equations of motion when the acceleration is constant but in this case acceleration and force are not constant. so you need to use energy to calculate the distance.

Reaction score
I'm telling you, we both are wrong.. you assumed force is constant.. force is directly proportional to acceleration.. if force is constant then acc would also be constant.. hence, acc value would be 9.81.. this is all wrong..

The correct method was to use work done= fxd

We only use equation of motion when object us moving in a straight line and with CONSTANT ACCELERATION..

Let me tell you that you can only use w=fx when force is constant as well you can ask you teacher he would tell you the same thing no doubt come on yar try to understand:)

Reaction score
nope it wasn't constant, it was changing throughout the motion. you can only use the equations of motion when the acceleration is constant but in this case acceleration and force are not constant. so you need to use energy to calculate the distance.

Let me make it clear to you that you can only use w=fx only when force is constant you can ask your teacher he would tell you the same thing and yes how can you use W as that kinetic energy you have found the resistive force was there which was decreasing the kinetic energy come on yar try to understand

Reaction score
no, we are wrong.. quation of motion was not used.. acc was not constant..

you can not use w=fx it can only be used when force is constant also you cannot take W as that kinetic energy because that wasnt constant it was decreasing because of resistive force F

Reaction score
you can not use w=fx it can only be used when force is constant also you cannot take W as that kinetic energy because that wasnt constant it was decreasing because of resistive force F
Let's just focus on paper 1 now. I have forgotten paper 2 already.
Inshallah I m hopping for A
Believe me or not but we did this question wrong. Ask your teacher. I hope I get an A too IA. So worried. :(