• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics and Chem MCQ Queries!!!

Reaction score
Plz explain me da solution to dis question!

Attachments

• Physics.PNG
    Physics.PNG
    50.1 KB · Views: 97
Reaction score
Re: Physics MCQ Queries!!!

And explain dis question too plzz! i neva understand dis concept!

Attachments

• Physics 2.PNG
    Physics 2.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 95
Reaction score
And dis 1 too!!

Attachments

• chem orbitals.PNG
    chem orbitals.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 90
Reaction score
Question 5 Chem is B,

It's about Pi and sigma bonds. Pi bonds are formed when two "p" atomic orbitals overlap sideways, as shown in the diagram. sigma bonds are fomred between 2 "s" orbital, 2 "p" orbitals or an "s" and "p" orbital :
http://www.goiit.com/templates/default/ ... fig.42.gif

edit: And , single covalent bonds consist of a sigma bond, whil double covalent bonds contain a sigma AND pi bond. Which reminds me, what do triple bonds consist of? :Search:

Reaction score
@saturation: yeah its B but i wonder y it shudnt be 'D' bcoz in dat also there is sideways overlapping of 'p' orbitals?

@libra94: yeah q5 ic C but can u plz explain me y?
and q25 is 'A' .. plz explain me y?

Reaction score
You shouldn't worry about that diagram at all! The most obvious on is right there, which is B! D looks like diagonal overlapping of orbitals, which has nothing to do with AS!

And yeah Q5 C, because the time base is increased, each square represents 20 ms, so more of the graph can be represented on the screen! Kind of like zooming in and zooming out a picture, i'd say!

Reaction score
Talha said:
@saturation: yeah its B but i wonder y it shudnt be 'D' bcoz in dat also there is sideways overlapping of 'p' orbitals?

@libra94: yeah q5 ic C but can u plz explain me y?
and q25 is 'A' .. plz explain me y?

Q5 (physics)
10ms--->1cm
x-------->4cm (ine whole wave takes 4cm)

x=40ms/1000 = 0.04 sec

frequency=1/T
=====1/0.04 = 25 Hz

so for 10ms--->25 Hz
........20ms---> x
cross multiply and u'll get x as 50Hz

the new wave has a larger frequency than the original one, and y-axis remains unchanged, so therefore it'll be C