• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics applications

Reaction score
does anyone know a good book i can download online that explains physics applications???

Reaction score
i think our application support booklet is enough
for doubts in it
u have forums
u can post em here

Reaction score
The Booklet contains enough info, however if you need extra info, try Ken Dobson's Book for telecommunications, and OCR for Medical Physics. Plus they give sites at the end of the booklet that can be helpful

Reaction score
Applications is mostly reading from the application booklet but you need an experienced teacher who could guide you alongside. So ask your teacher to help you with your difficulties or you can just ask here ;)

Reaction score
Ok. Here r my doubt's:
Q1: How does MRI work in full description??!!.."Note that this is also a part of chemistry syllabus so i need complete detail"
Q2: In Ct scanning, what is the function of boxell??!!!
Q3: "Telecommunication"
a) how the graph looks for AM and FM? [attachments required]
b)the range of frequencies frm long radio waves to telebroadcasting waves
c)"VIP" How does telephone works and what is PSTN which links with cellular exchange?
Please reply soon!!! ;)

Reaction score
All of this well explained in the application booklet already ... is it not?

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
All of this well explained in the application booklet already ... is it not?
Yes...but there is still more to explain!!!!
I went through both Application for physics n Chemistry.....but the explanation is very different
In chem....it says if radio frequency range is equal to change in enrgy levles between two spins, it leads to flipping of the protons/electrons which gives a pulse in the metre (this is NMR and similar to principles of MRI) wheres for physics, it deals only with resonance "I need a bit of help on this"
-IN CT scanning...the boxell r said to have certain intensity levels called pixels presented in numbers and rotated through 135 around the object but i dont understand how the 3-D image is formed???!!!
-for telecommunication...the graphs r not shown for Am,Fm waves but i found it in one of the recent exam papers and i wasnt able to distinguish between carrier wave and AM wave!!!
- I need frequency "ranges" since the values r definite in application.
-i knw the block diagram for telephone but i don;t understand the basic phenomena involved in PSTN with the cellualr exchange...actually i'm searching for more details for this on the net
I Hope u help with this matter as soon as possible!!!! :)