• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP discussion

Reaction score
August 11th we'll get to know who was right or wrong =D

BTW I'm sure about circuit 2 :p

Reaction score
Circuit 2 it was...
Well those who wrote circuit 3 the probability of your answer being right is less than 0.01 :p

Reaction score
k now guys
probably she has got her theory
who r v to question
and who knows wats in the marking scheme
but still mimi dnt b disheartened jxt cuz u hve got one ans wrong
WISH U BEST OF LUCK sugar..! :)

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
k now guys
probably she has got her theory
who r v to question
and who knows wats in the marking scheme
but still mimi dnt b disheartened jxt cuz u hve got one ans wrong
WISH U BEST OF LUCK sugar..! :)
Hey just chill its only 1 mark ques....don't worry aghe abhi bhut ppr hai just do well in them....BEST OV LUCK.... :D

Reaction score
it is circuit 2 because of following reasons:
1) different combined resistance
2) a short circuit will occur as current flows through path of lower resistance hence current flows through lower branch leaving the 2 other resistors unscathed!!
ALL OTHER COMBINATIONS HAD SAME RESISTANCE I.E. 15 OHMS!!

Reaction score
as for the matter that u can ONLY use measuring tape to measure distance 'd' in qs.1; I disagree, u can use meter rule though u must use set squares with it 2 ensure accuracy!!! the distance which was to be measured was on level ground and it was lying on the same horizontal axis!!

Reaction score
the distance was greater than 1 meter so measuring tape is a more safer choice than metre rule...... :)

Reaction score
why can the average not be written as 175.2
i thought that the answer is coming exactly this so i wrote it
and moreover it is also a precise answer

Reaction score
Arslanjaved said:
why can the average not be written as 175.2
i thought that the answer is coming exactly this so i wrote it
and moreover it is also a precise answer
since the question paper listed values to 3 s.f we also have to do the same (the question also told us too !! ) so its 175 and NOT 175.2 :)
All the best!

Reaction score
One can also use 2 metre rules and the circuit was 2 because the resistance of that circuit was 6.667 ohm not 15

Reaction score
yar per bht se bachey 175.2 likh k aie hain and also that when averge is calculated it comes to exact 175.2
dont u think examiner shayad marks de dey for this answer ?

Reaction score
yr the examiner required the answer for an appropriate number of sig figures(which is three) and it was of just 1 mark dunno know k dega ya ni dega. leave it dude! :)

Reaction score
I dont think he will give marks... That is why I urge my fellows to read marking schemes so that they know the marking criteria. Anyways Good Luck...!

Reaction score
acoording to the practical assesment one must understand that both meter rule n measuring tape give an accuracy of 0.1m n the larger meter rules can easily measure distance of 1m n above (the ones used by architects) furthermore i can say that the answer should be trundle wheel because it is more accurate than measuring tape giving a sensitivity of 0.01m!!