• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP disussion

Reaction score
Does any of you remember exactly, what was the question about voltmeter deflection, was it state.d switch is off
SOme of my friends ARE saying that the switch was off And if they are right then
the volt meter is connected to the wrong terminal would be wrong however i hope that my friends themselves are wrong

Reaction score
SOme of my friends ARE saying that the switch was off And if they are right then
the volt meter is connected to the wrong terminal would be wrong however i hope that my friends themselves are wrong
The question clearly stated that when light is falling on the battery (or whatever), the voltmeter moves in the opposite direction as shown.

Reaction score
Would we be given marks for listing " x and Y names " on the graph?

and is it imp to use 50% of the Graph paper or 1 marks will be deducted and do they allow any scaling we have done on the graph..

I got a "Swing" kind of curve... Like this (Just a rough idea)
2817223064.jpg
that is correct.....:)...u can get at least 3 marks........they sometimes dont deduct marks on the best fit thingy....as long as everything else is "perfect"

Reaction score
Nope i did not join all the points, two points were lying above the curve, but very close to it ;) i hope thats correct. Though my curve did pass through the (20,20) point, n hence the focal length was cumin correct
yup that is wat is meant by a line of best fit...the answer is correct.

Reaction score
i wrote about the parallax error (line of sight) and that the rule should be as close as possible to object/lens while taking readings.
can this be a point?...or was the rule fixed?
actually the point that the rule should be as close as possible is wrong, or there is a 99% chance that it is wrong....bcoz yes the rule was fixed....but dnt wrry, the parallax error point is correct........as long as you mentioned how parallax error is present...just writing parallax error dosent gain marks.

Reaction score
what about the procedure to find out the volume of glass stopper...should it be done with the beaker or measuring cylinder...i wrote beaker. is it wrong?

Reaction score
what about the procedure to find out the volume of glass stopper...should it be done with the beaker or measuring cylinder...i wrote beaker. is it wrong?
I wrote about a displacement can however i think if you have explained your procedure properly beaker will also be correct

Reaction score
Hey in drawing the circuit to measure emf was showing a resistor necessary cause it was of just 1 mark i didnt show aresistor

Reaction score
i wrote about measuring cylinder, dun kno bout the beaker

Reaction score
actually the point that the rule should be as close as possible is wrong, or there is a 99% chance that it is wrong....bcoz yes the rule was fixed....but dnt wrry, the parallax error point is correct........as long as you mentioned how parallax error is present...just writing parallax error dosent gain marks.
I wrote that use a set square along with a ruler to avoid parallax error and repeat the readings and take the average