• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP disussion

Reaction score
Hey in drawing the circuit to measure emf was showing a resistor necessary cause it was of just 1 mark i didnt show aresistor
i only included the power supply, switch and voltmeter parallel with the power supply.... i could find no reason to include a resistor?

Reaction score
that is correct.....:)...u can get at least 3 marks........they sometimes dont deduct marks on the best fit thingy....as long as everything else is "perfect"
Yeah.
I did even mark the x and y axis as "u/cm and V/cm"

What was the answer of total distance convered... It was in Kinematic graph question

Reaction score
I wrote 1500m
Can you give me some tips or notes for english preparation
and they asked how can we measure the distance so I wrote by using Measuring tape. It was of 1 mark so i didnt gave explanation but my frnd told me that how can we measure 1500 m by a measuring tape.. Well normally the highest length tape available is of 200 M so It can be done.

Sure..
Wait I 'll Make a thread on it

Reaction score
and they asked how can we measure the distance so I wrote by using Measuring tape. It was of 1 mark so i didnt gave explanation but my frnd told me that how can we measure 1500 m by a measuring tape.. Well normally the highest length tape available is of 200 M so It can be done.

Sure..
I also wrote simply that use a measuring tape

Reaction score
I also wrote simply that use a measuring tape
and what did u wrote in the last part of the last question

They asked why the value on the Voltmeter was decreasing when person moves infront of the solar pannel so i wrote " Less electricity is made so less emf is induce in the circuit so Voltmeter value decreases and the prevention was to place the Panel infront of the light while Placing the meter somewhere else toward the person..

Reaction score
then its correct
the idea of using set square came to my mind but how can it be used? the rule had a good thickness, so the set square couldn't be placed horizontal....it was needed to read from above the rule....even if the set square was used vertically, it has a good chance to slip....how it can help?:confused:

Reaction score

i think measuring tape is wrong....even if you say maximum length of measuring tape is 200 m, u still need 8 tapes....and what if the road isnt striaght?? what if there is wind?? u cant possibly measure it.....the so many chances of error, measuring tape is wrong... although i didnt write it the correct answer might be this......one step= 1 foot. walk to the school and count the numb of steps i.e ft. then convert this into metres.
Sure..

Reaction score
yes its correct.
i think measuring tape is wrong....even if you say maximum length of measuring tape is 200 m, u still need 8 tapes....and what if the road isnt striaght?? what if there is wind?? u cant possibly measure it.....the so many chances of error, measuring tape is wrong... although i didnt write it the correct answer might be this......one step= 1 foot. walk to the school and count the numb of steps i.e ft. then convert this into metres....

Reaction score
i think measuring tape is wrong....even if you say maximum length of measuring tape is 200 m, u still need 8 tapes....and what if the road isnt striaght?? what if there is wind?? u cant possibly measure it.....the so many chances of error, measuring tape is wrong... although i didnt write it the correct answer might be this......one step= 1 foot. walk to the school and count the numb of steps i.e ft. then convert this into metres....
as far as ur talking about the winding thing.........the measuring tape is perfectly okay......check the june 2010 paper 4 (5054/41), measuring tape can be used......the foot method is inaccurate..bcoz it dosent apply the main physics measurement techniques.....yes you are right, about using 8 tapes....but it is the only measuring that is suitable after the trundle wheel.