• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP

Reaction score
I need help for these Physics p4 questions:
M/J 04 no.1(a),no.3(a) ,b(ii) 5(b)
O/n 04 no.1, no. 2(a).
Any tips on how to do well in ATP and it would be gr8 if sum1 cud give me sum notes about ATP.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Hmm.. Give me time. I can answer those. But kindly wait...

Reaction score
NokiaN95638 said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20O%20Levels/5054%20-%20Physics/5054_s04_qp_4.pdf

[no.1(a),no.3(a) ,b(ii) 5(b)]

http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... 4_qp_4.pdf

[no.1, no. 2(a).]
Ans 3. (a) Place the 300 mm rule adjacent to the thermometer so that its sides touch the thermometer. Read off the scale at which the mercury thread in the bore starts (l1) and ends (l2). Avoid parallax error by aligning the line of sight perpendicular to the scale of the thermometer. The length, l , is found by the subtraction , l = l2 - l1
(b) (ii) l = (22.8 - 5.6)/ (100 - 0) = 17.2/100 = 0.172 cm (increase in length)
5.(b)(ii) The object, lens and the image (screen) must be parallel to each other and the centre of each item on the same horizontal axis. :)

Reaction score
abcde said:
NokiaN95638 said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20O%20Levels/5054%20-%20Physics/5054_s04_qp_4.pdf

[no.1(a),no.3(a) ,b(ii) 5(b)]

http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... 4_qp_4.pdf

[no.1, no. 2(a).]
Ans 3. (a) Place the 300 mm rule adjacent to the thermometer so that its sides touch the thermometer. Read off the scale at which the mercury thread in the bore starts (l1) and ends (l2). Avoid parallax error by aligning the line of sight perpendicular to the scale of the thermometer. The length, l , is found by the subtraction , l = l2 - l1
(b) (ii) l = (22.8 - 5.6)/ (100 - 0) = 17.2/100 = 0.172 cm (increase in length)
5.(b)(ii) The object, lens and the image (screen) must be parallel to each other and the centre of each item on the same horizontal axis. :)

I didn't understand 5b(ii) ... :(

Reaction score
Coming towards the second paper.
Q1) Unroll a large piece of wire from the reel. Starting from any randomly chosen point on the metre rule, wind the wire around the rule. Adjacent turns should touch each other but not overlap. The ends of the wire can be held in place by using plasticine to attach it firmly to the rule. Count the number of turns, N, of the thin wire around the rule. Observe the markings at which the wire starts (l1) and ends (l2) and subtract them to obtain the length l of the coil around the rule, l = l2 - l1. 'd' can be found out by dividing l with the number of turns, N. That is, d = l / N. Avoid parallax error and keep the coils tight together for greater accuracy. This method only gives an average value for 'd' as each turn has contributed to give a value of l, which is used to find the diameter. No wire will have a constant diameter. :)
For 2 (a) make a table like this:
Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Sorry, this is the table:

Attachments

• Table.png
    Table.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 125
Reaction score
abcde said:
Coming towards the second paper.
Q1) Unroll a large piece of wire from the reel. Starting from any randomly chosen point on the metre rule, wind the wire around the rule. Adjacent turns should touch each other but not overlap. The ends of the wire can be held in place by using plasticine to attach it firmly to the rule. Count the number of turns, N, of the thin wire around the rule. Observe the markings at which the wire starts (l1) and ends (l2) and subtract them to obtain the length l of the coil around the rule, l = l2 - l1. 'd' can be found out by dividing l with the number of turns, N. That is, d = l / N. Avoid parallax error and keep the coils tight together for greater accuracy. This method only gives an average value for 'd' as each turn has contributed to give a value of l, which is used to find the diameter. No wire will have a constant diameter. :)
For 2 (a) make a table like this:
Hope this helps :)

finding it tooo difficult to understand :((