• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Book

Reaction score
Which book do you follow for Physics AS? I follow "Physics for You" by Keith Johnson, but I am not very happy with it. I would be glad if you could tell me which book(s) you follow for physics.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yupp the one i have is by the writers u mentioned...there's one more book by Cambridge Publications...and i think that's nice too but i dont have that though :)

Reaction score
I say go for Nelkon & Parker, if you care about knowledge more than the A* grade. Its a really good read along with the excercises. But international physics is not bad too.

Reaction score
Might as well try Accessible Physics, it's what I recommend ;)

By the way, this has been asked many times already. Kindly use the search button in the future.

Welcome to XPF!

Reaction score
Accessible physics isn't that good. It isn't detailed enough and usually misses some points. But it can be a reference book along with another but not a sole one.

Reaction score
Roger Muncaster's Physics for A-Level is also one of the best books. ;]

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Accessible physics isn't that good. It isn't detailed enough and usually misses some points. But it can be a reference book along with another but not a sole one.

Atleast it's better than International As ans A-Level. Plus the topics are explained quite well. If you read it once thoroughly doing all the assessment questions, you can for SURE get an A* !

Mohaimin said:
Which book do you follow for Physics AS? I follow "Physics for You" by Keith Johnson, but I am not very happy with it. I would be glad if you could tell me which book(s) you follow for physics.

Do practice Longman once you've done your syllabus...