• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
3- i=> check out the link http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120402045426AA6eDTH
4=> the colon's function is to absorb the remaining water from indigestible food matter; to accept and stores food remains that were not digested in the small intestine; and to eliminate solid waste (feces) from the body. so when the colon is removed, these functions are not carried out which may lead to many excretory system problems...

Reaction score
3- i=> check out the link http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120402045426AA6eDTH
4=> the colon's function is to absorb the remaining water from indigestible food matter; to accept and stores food remains that were not digested in the small intestine; and to eliminate solid waste (feces) from the body. so when the colon is removed, these functions are not carried out which may lead to many excretory system problems...
hey somya.. tnx for yr ans bt it'd be reely kind of u 2 ans da rest as well... n also... wht is the difference between taxis and tropism?? pls reply ASAP

Reaction score
hey somya.. tnx for yr ans bt it'd be reely kind of u 2 ans da rest as well... n also... wht is the difference between taxis and tropism?? pls reply ASAP
Hey sorry I can't help you out with the other questions actually I don't know anything bout them... But yeah for the difference between photo axis and phototropism, photoaxis is for animals while tropism is for plants!!:)

Reaction score
Hey sorry I can't help you out with the other questions actually I don't know anything bout them... But yeah for the difference between photo axis and phototropism, photoaxis is for animals while tropism is for plants!!:)
y there is no body answering
plz i want to help me in finding the resultant of two forces about a point but ofcourse i mean i angled directions not in opposite or same direction plz tell me about the method used
[email protected] (my email if needed)
Thanks a lot in advance

Reaction score
hey again.... i checked out abt dat taxis thing and it says it is restricted in cells that possess any organ having functions related to locomotion (flagella, cilia,etc) which means it can only take place in unicellular organisms lyk some bacteria that dont have flagella... bt in the IGCSE study guide they have taken an example of woodlice in choice chambers!?!?!... m reely confused pls help..:(

Reaction score
hey again.... i checked out abt dat taxis thing and it says it is restricted in cells that possess any organ having functions related to locomotion (flagella, cilia,etc) which means it can only take place in unicellular organisms lyk some bacteria that dont have flagella... bt in the IGCSE study guide they have taken an example of woodlice in choice chambers!?!?!... m reely confused pls help..:(

i think you should follow what the IGCSE study guide says!!

Reaction score
can anyone out here upload the marking schemes for Olevel CIE Phy bio n chem of O/N 2002???? plss... reely need em.... thnks in advance... :)

Reaction score
Hi people! I have some doubts in Biology.. I'm appearing for o/n 2012 (IGCSE)
1] explain how variation within one species may eventually lead to the development of two different species. {4marks}
2] Describe the part played by the uterus in the development of an embryo from the time of ovulation to the birth of the baby. {7 marks}
3] Describe the use of fermenters in the production of
i) antibiotics ii)single cell protein {6 marks}
4] what happens to digestion when the colon is removed? {4 marks}

PS- give me as many points as you know... n thnx in advance... :)
Ans to 1] is NAtural Selection followed by Evolution...m pretty sure of diz
2]Uterus is d moms womb were d baby develops....placenta is an extended organ from uterus....den ri8 bout d fuctions of placenta...during birth uterus causes rapid contractions thus helping baby come out...
3]1)Extra cellular digestion done by micro organisms..so dey secret d product of intrest as well....den d microbodies are filtered.
2)Donno...
4] I told u d ans dat day on chat....
Satisfactory.????

Reaction score
Ans to 1] is NAtural Selection followed by Evolution...m pretty sure of diz
2]Uterus is d moms womb were d baby develops....placenta is an extended organ from uterus....den ri8 bout d fuctions of placenta...during birth uterus causes rapid contractions thus helping baby come out...
3]1)Extra cellular digestion done by micro organisms..so dey secret d product of intrest as well....den d microbodies are filtered.
2)Donno...
4] I told u d ans dat day on chat....
Satisfactory.????
PT pls give the precise answer for my 1st question and 3.i) as well

Reaction score
which year nd session ?? pls give me the link :) and srry for the late reply i didnt have access to the internet since a very long time :oops:
I got the answers to the previous questions.. Thanks anyway.. Could you please help me out with some more doubts..?? I am uploading the two pics of the questions.. Pls let me know as soon as possible because exams aren't far..!!:( (btw the incomplete word in one of the pics is 'germination')

Attachments

• BIO.jpg
    BIO.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 9
  • BIO1.jpg
    BIO1.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
I got the answers to the previous questions.. Thanks anyway.. Could you please help me out with some more doubts..?? I am uploading the two pics of the questions.. Pls let me know as soon as possible because exams aren't far..!!:( (btw the incomplete word in one of the pics is 'germination')
Bio jepeg ans is A
second answer is also A

Reaction score
first answer.. probably a..
second answer is a..