• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I got the answers to the previous questions.. Thanks anyway.. Could you please help me out with some more doubts..?? I am uploading the two pics of the questions.. Pls let me know as soon as possible because exams aren't far..!!:( (btw the incomplete word in one of the pics is 'germination')
in the first one i think it is D bcuz 3 organisms r eaten by one organism so it has the mass of the 3 organisms which is the largest compared to the others
in the second i think it is A bcuz this is where the stored food and enzymes r present so when the seed is germinating the water enters the seed and the enzymes r activated by the water o the stored food is being digested so its dry mass decreases

hope my answers were correct & hope they helped :)

Reaction score
in the first one i think it is D bcuz 3 organisms r eaten by one organism so it has the mass of the 3 organisms which is the largest compared to the others
in the second i think it is A bcuz this is where the stored food and enzymes r present so when the seed is germinating the water enters the seed and the enzymes r activated by the water o the stored food is being digested so its dry mass decreases

1 st ans cannot be D coz 3 organisums eaten do not stay in d 4th organism always they come out in wates,i e , the whole organism is not edible......
Ans is A coz mass is num*dry mass and as one knows tress have the max dry mass.....the ans should be A

Reaction score
I got the answers to the previous questions.. Thanks anyway.. Could you please help me out with some more doubts..?? I am uploading the two pics of the questions.. Pls let me know as soon as possible because exams aren't far..!!:( (btw the incomplete word in one of the pics is 'germination')
A is the ans for both of them....its obvious

Reaction score
1 st ans cannot be D coz 3 organisums eaten do not stay in d 4th organism always they come out in wates,i e , the whole organism is not edible......
Ans is A coz mass is num*dry mass and as one knows tress have the max dry mass.....the ans should be A
Thank you :D

Reaction score
The waves travel towards the gap at a speed of 3 x 108m/s and have a frequency of
5 x 1014 Hz. Calculate the wavelength of these waves.
and the mark scheme says:
(b) wavelength – speed/frequency in any form
values substituted correctly
answer 6 x 10 m
I am getting 6x10raise to-7m,
can someone tell me how to get 6x10m
(PHYSICS-OCT/NOV 2003)

Reaction score
The waves travel towards the gap at a speed of 3 x 108m/s and have a frequency of
answer 6 x 10 m
(PHYSICS-OCT/NOV 2003)
reply soon i am really confused.......

Reaction score
answer 6 x 10 m
(PHYSICS-OCT/NOV 2003)
v=f*wavelenght.....
Simply substitute its d same thng...

Reaction score

I understood... Thanks a lot..!! :)

Reaction score
But what is the logic behind A being the ans...??

Reaction score
can u also send it to me
i am weak at polymerisation
and at bio ppr 6???
plzz send me on [email protected]

bio paper 6 is easy.... n the topics which are often asked are on characteristics in chap 1, food tests, enzymes, magnification, plant photosynthesis and transpiration and sometimes respiration! they can also ask you to draw or label something! that's all you need to get good marks in bio paper 6!!!