• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
but they say it is dissolved in a diluted solution of H2SO4 , which when reacting with zinc oxide, produces both zinc sulfate and water, therefore water is present , and H2 must be discharged.
look molten zinc salt will be used ok it can be zinc chloride and when a compound is melted its in liquid state so no need to disslove in water

Reaction score
An important chemistry problem !!!!
in extraction of zinc , they say it can be done by both ; reduction by carbon or electrolysis.
but in electrolysis, hydrogen is less reactive than zinc , so it is the one who is supposed to be discharged, instead, they say that zinc is deposited at the cathode.
can somebody help me please because this is so confusing??!!
thanks.

The two commercial methods of reducing ZnO to Zn appear to be
Thermal, in the presence of C:
2 ZnO + C → 2 Zn + CO2
and electrowinning:
ZnO + H2SO4 → ZnSO4 + H2O (followed by electrolysis on the ZnSO4)

Today over 90% zinc is produced hydrometallurgically in electrolytic plants.

Check this out : http://www.zinc.org/basics/zinc_production

Reaction score
pls explain how the equilibrium favor right side and left side...................pls help:eek:

Reaction score
Hi Raven,

Could you please check this p61_may_2012 for me as well, point out the mistakes and I will amend them. Thanks in advance!

Another paper for you Maria!

Link to the paper : https://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJnY05xZy9ubVZESjlVag
q 4 part f is wrong.. they will have the same height because the solution is saturated and can dissolve no more solute.. and part e is correct but would u mind explaining it to me.. i dont get it.. everything else is correct except the table entry but yes u had mentioned it was according to the printout obtained :)

Reaction score
i
btw why did u start from 60? :p why not 10? and paper 62 oct/nov 2010 question 3b the graph, could u solve it :p and upload
and the ray diagram in paper 2010 may/june 61 please solve and upload . thanks :D
I am terribly sorry for the late reply. I don't use this site that much. xD Now I don't know when you might get this. But hey, always down for the help. xD I started from 60 because that's the appropriate starting for the units, starting from 10 wouldn't fit my scale. And since we don't have to include the origin, make the most of it! :D
I'll try to solve the other questions you sent too. BTW do you take Biology? If yes, help me out please, I'm hopeless. :(

Reaction score
ANYONE GOT SOME GOOD NOTES FOR BIOLOGY. I AM REALLY A GONER IN BIO AND THERE IS NO TIME LEFT. PLEASE DONT IGNORE.

Reaction score
q 4 part f is wrong.. they will have the same height because the solution is saturated and can dissolve no more solute.. and part e is correct but would u mind explaining it to me.. i dont get it.. everything else is correct except the table entry but yes u had mentioned it was according to the printout obtained :)
Hi Raven,I've corrected what you pointed out, just missing the word "height". Actually, PbCl2 is insoluble that is why the precipitate deposits on the bottom of the test tube, lead nitrate ran out so further tubes should have the same height of solids in them.

The number entry was measured by a ruler on my screen, I know that the MS says something different to mine. Of course when they hand the papers out, they should be printed as 1:1 scale i think.

Here is my amended version for the previous paper you pointed the mistake out. Grateful Raven!

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJnY05qQzdVVG52bk1UQw

Reaction score
i
I am terribly sorry for the late reply. I don't use this site that much. xD Now I don't know when you might get this. But hey, always down for the help. xD I started from 60 because that's the appropriate starting for the units, starting from 10 wouldn't fit my scale. And since we don't have to include the origin, make the most of it! :D
I'll try to solve the other questions you sent too. BTW do you take Biology? If yes, help me out please, I'm hopeless. :(

I do take biology :D
amazing notes for biology attached :D

Attachments

• biology by hasem.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 12