• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys I need your help in a Chemistry Paper 6 question
There was this question my friend gave me. It goes like this:
You have two metals- metal A and metal B. Hydrogen gas is given out when both metals react with Sulphuric acid. Plan an experiment to find out which metal is more reactive
The answer I wrote was: Take sulphuric acid in a beaker and add Metal A to it in excess. Filter out the excess Metal when effervescence stops. Add Metal B to the filtrate and check for a rise in temperature. If there is a rise, then Metal B is more reactive as it'll displace Metal A. If not, then Metal A is more reactive.
Is my answer correct? Will I get the full 6 marks?

Why does this question seem so familiar?

Reaction score
Should we extrapolate graphs for physics in alternative to practical?
Ok i found something else: graph lines should be neat, thin and a good fit (if there is scatter of points they should lie either side of the line{in a rough way!! }). Straight lines should FILL the page (even beyond the range of points) so that any gradient calculation can use the largest Dy and Dx. Students should understand why! (Dy is a measurement.)
Source: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/need-notes-on-paper-6-physics-igcse-asap.15850/

Reaction score
What is the average mark required to get an A* in Chemistry out of 180 (the total)? I know it is a silly question but any idea?

Reaction score
Ok i found something else: graph lines should be neat, thin and a good fit (if there is scatter of points they should lie either side of the line{in a rough way!! }). Straight lines should FILL the page (even beyond the range of points) so that any gradient calculation can use the largest Dy and Dx. Students should understand why! (Dy is a measurement.)
Source: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/need-notes-on-paper-6-physics-igcse-asap.15850/
Please could u answer jun012 v.61 no.1 a.