• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Np (y) When S is connected it'll be after the resistor. You want to know the potential before the resistor and the potential after. Although I'm not so sure about the voltmeter. Here's what the examiners report says "Many candidates found it difficult to score full marks here. Most candidates knew the circuit symbols but did not score the mark for a correct arrangement. It seemed that many had been trained using past papers and assumed, without proper consideration, that this would be the same as previous circuits they had seen. Therefore, many connected the voltmeter across the power source."
oh okay so voltmeter parallel to the power??? and s connected to the voltmeter? and then S goes to be connected before the resistor on AD?? am i right correct me if i am wrong sorry about wasting your time

Reaction score
Please help,anyone has any links about how to draw some diagrams in paper 6? like those questions asking to draw apparatus to measure thickness of lens?

Reaction score
q1(b) The mass is cylindrical and has a diameter slightly larger than the width of the metre rule.
Describe briefly how you would place the mass so that its centre of mass is exactly over
the 90.0 cm mark on the metre rule. You should draw a diagram and mark the position of
the centre of mass on the cylinder(0625_s12_qp_61.pdf)
pllzzzz help me immediately wd dis plzzplzzz
the center of mass of cylinder is somewhere near the center
now you need to know how you will get center you should know the end points of the the cylinder add them and divide by 2 to make sure it is on 90
here it is how

Attachments

• Gsjaj.png
    Gsjaj.png
    11 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
oh okay so voltmeter parallel to the power??? and s connected to the voltmeter? and then S goes to be connected before the resistor on AD?? am i right correct me if i am wrong sorry about wasting your time
The er says that across the power supply is wrong. If you read ahead it says "For circuit 1, the student places the contact S on the resistance wire AB at a distance of 0.500m from A. He measures the p.d. V across the wire between A and S and the current I in the circuit." So i'm guessing you attach S to the wire AB after one resistor which is on AB. I'm only guessing. I really wish someone else would contribute as well. Don't worry you're not really wasting my time. This is helping me as well.

Reaction score
Ok guys gl for your IG's. Just remember all pp6 physics questions are made so that you can figure it out. So if can't find the answer try to figure it out. Use logic (y)

Reaction score
Ok guys gl for your IG's. Just remember all pp6 physics questions are made so that you can figure it out. So if can't find the answer try to figure it out. Use logic (y)
Exactly thats why my sir said he was like even if you did not study anything every thing in the paper is easy and the best part is about formulas i have great problem learning them but Paper 6 :whistle: